Are 18s too small for the S550?

Mikes5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track/2014 Explorer Sport
Gatcha but with a irs mustang and turbo option you know it's only a matter of time before we see one with -5 camber on a magazine cover.:thumbdown:
Sponsored

Trevon

97 Hummer, 15 GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Recaro
I hadn't even thought of that!!! :shocked:

That's what my local "car scene" (or lack of...) is kind of getting into... They say it's not about going fast, but rather getting looks. I say okay, I'll park the H1 next their POS slammed econobox and we'll see what gets more attention. :shrug:

OP
OP

juammedina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS-F
This maybe too much rice for some of you :p but this is the wheels that I am going to get if I get a mustang. The wheels on the picture are 18X9 +35 so the 18x10 +25 should have the same contour.

Can anyone photoshop them on a white mustang EB or GT? Please

Thanks

Trevon

97 Hummer, 15 GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Recaro

Mikes5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track/2014 Explorer Sport
This maybe too much rice for some of you :p but this is the wheels that I am going to get if I get a mustang. The wheels on the picture are 18X9 +35 so the 18x10 +25 should have the same contour.

Can anyone photoshop them on a white mustang EB or GT? Please

Thanks

Do you want the wheels to poke out or have excessive camber in the rear?

Sponsored

PC4621

Threads
Reaction score
Hope the trend for bigger wheels has started the reverse. Camaro and Challenger come with 20's. Need to shrink the size of vehicles or the way they look so 19's look great on them. I'm glad 19's are part of the PP and not 20's. Good job, Ford.
I think the 19's are the perfect size. But that's my opinion. The 20s just don't seem to leave enough tire for a decent ride.

Mark's M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'15 L.E. Auto WW
That's what I was hoping wouldn't come up. :frusty: Such a worthless cancer affecting the car culture; all these ugly, riced out cars cracking oil pans and just being unsafe. Can't wait for this fad to die - the "fast and the furious" fad of the early 2000's, albeit disgusting, was so much better.

I used to like some lip but this whole sub-culture has completely ruined it for me, I'll take some good concaves, thankyouverymuch.

I guess /rant but I'd rather see Cobra badges on a V6!!!
Lol, couldn't have said it better myself!

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Sure, on your subie. But the Mustang is far larger and heavier and uses taller tires. Do you really want to hobble it with shorter tires?
No, I wouldn't. But all the various tire/wheel options Ford is offering are within about 1/4" or so overall diameter, so none will look like skateboard wheels. It's just a matter of how much is rim and how much is tire. I think all the wheels look fine, some look more fine than others but carry consequences. Like the 20's. Gorgeous, but $400/each summer tires with not much sidewall and 15,000 mile life are going to be rough on anyone driving a lot of miles, like me.

The compromises of life, I suppose.

OP
OP

juammedina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS-F
Here is the photoshop of the FRS 18"wheels I posted on the S550 ecoboost

What you guys think?

Firepath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Nothing special yet
I think the GT / Ecoboost premium 18s look great. A nice muscly look. I like the look of the 20s better, slightly, but overall, I think the cheaper tyres, better wheel protection, less weight, etc and the looks that are a close second for me put them as the better setup.
Sponsored