18 Roush P2- looking for input

Tsloop8324

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 10speed
Bare with me, please. My car has been having some issues lately and I'm wondering if they are related or just coincidental timing.

2 months ago- code P0455 large evap emissions leak. Took it to the dealer they ran test said couldn't find anything wrong. Car ran fine the entire time.

About 45 days later got the code again. Car was still running normal. Just reset the code to see if it came back. Never returned.

Dec 26. I spent a few hours cleaning the interior and putting down new floormats and later that afternoon had the hood open for about 30 minutes showing the blower to my dad. Car then wouldn't start. Jumped it and let it run for about 10 minutes. A few hours later it wouldn't start again. Jumped it again and took it for a 15-20 minute drive. Everything seemed fine.

4 days later- car doesn't start again, take it back to Ford. They run a battery check and voltage was fine but CCA were about 150 below spec. It was in the low 400s. They replaced the battery no charge.

Presently- car hasn't failed to start or thrown any codes since. However, on hot starts the car turns over much longer before starting. Example: getting gas then starting the code it takes around 4-5 seconds to start.

Should i be concerned or am I paranoid and this is normal for colder temperatures with boost? I got the blower installed end of August so this is my first winter being boosted. I have around 4k miles since install.

Any input is much appreciated.
Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
My Roush equipped 2018 starts as well in cold temps as in warm and barely cranks before firing off. Shortly after the SC installation, I did get a low fuel pressure code and the fuel pump was replaced. That issue occurred at WOT and high speed so it really had nothing to do with startup. Do you have the latest Roush calibration or are you custom tuned?

OP
OP
Tsloop8324

Tsloop8324

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 10speed
My Roush equipped 2018 starts as well in cold temps as in warm and barely cranks before firing off. Shortly after the SC installation, I did get a low fuel pressure code and the fuel pump was replaced. That issue occurred at WOT and high speed so it really had nothing to do with startup. Do you have the latest Roush calibration or are you custom tuned?
I haven't gotten the latest cal that I've seen you guys post about but its still roush tuned. When the weather was warmer it never had issues starting or anything. Just seems weird all of this happening around the same time.
Sponsored