18 inch wheels on Ecoboost Handling Package

El_Barto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brendan
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP
Does anyone know if 18 inch wheels will fit on an Ecoboost with the handling package? I'm looking for a set of wheels and snow tires and I want to get 18 inch wheels, but there doesn't look like there is a lot of clearance between the front brakes and the stock 19 inch wheels.
Sponsored

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Does anyone know if 18 inch wheels will fit on an Ecoboost with the handling package? I'm looking for a set of wheels and snow tires and I want to get 18 inch wheels, but there doesn't look like there is a lot of clearance between the front brakes and the stock 19 inch wheels.
I believe those are still the 14 inch, 4 caliper units like the GT. The handling package adds semi metallic brakes but doesn’t get the 15 inch brembo brakes from the GT PP cars. Those require aftermarket 18s. Meaning, any and all OEM 18 inch wheels from 2015+ should fit your brakes; base GTs come with that combo. You’re on the right path for winter wheels, and there are frequent sales for 18s in the classifieds section.

OP
OP
El_Barto

El_Barto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brendan
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP
Thanks for your help. If I don't find anything in the classified in my area will aftermarket wheels fit or should I stick with OEM 18s? Sorry for any stupid questions. I haven't bought wheels before and the gap between the brakes and the wheels looks small to me. I tried looking for wheels on tirerack.com and directly on wheel manufacturer websites and I couldn't find any that say they fit the handling package.

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Absolutely there are aftermarket 18s, it’s more that a used pair of OEM wheels is a good value for winter wheels. And since you have nice OEM wheels, you’re probably not looking to convert those to winters like a lot of people here with OEM 19s might do.

I’m not familiar with aftermarket 18s that aren’t strictly performance focused, I would have to look around the forum for other winter wheel threads. Looking at tire rack or other sites, I would just call it a GT since the brakes are the same size. That atleast gets you wheels/names/etc to search around for more information. You do have magneride which may complicate strut clearance, but there are many others here who would know the effects. I didn’t hang on to that data point since I don’t have it on my car.

OP
OP
El_Barto

El_Barto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brendan
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP
Thanks for your help. I would be getting narrower wheels than stock so hopefully that would help any possible clearance problems with the magneride.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
If the car has the 6-pistol brembos, few 18s will fit but some may. If the car has the base 4-piston brakes you’re in luck.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
I bought snow tires mounted and balanced from tire rack. 18" fits fine on EB as largest brakes available are th GT's 14" fronts (unless you or a previous owner have put larger rotors in front).
Sponsored