Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase
Afternoon guys,

I took my car in for oil change and winter prep back in Oct. Kelly moss motorsports in Madison WI. While there they told me the right rear wheel bearing was loose and advised I get it fixed. The car is under factory warranty so I told them no big deal I will schedule with my dealer and the next day winter came in WI. Car has been in storage ever since.

Fast forward to today... Its going to be 50 tomorrow and 60 Sunday. I want to drive the car to work and maybe a short cruise Sunday. About 180 miles total.

Question is...is it worth the risk? Can I damage the car? Can I have a tire fall off? Should I just wait till April 8th till it goes into service? What would you do?
Sponsored

Joek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Unless it's making a shit-ton of noise, you're fine to drive it.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
If you going to drive, you'll drive it spirited(hard). So, I wouldn't be comfortable going around the corners pushing the car. I wouldn't be wary driving it easy.

Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
You've got a known problem. Get it fixed before you drive. You can torque the nut back on yourself, and if the bearing isn't already damaged, you will be fine.

OP
OP
Vettel-ish

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase
You've got a known problem. Get it fixed before you drive. You can torque the nut back on yourself, and if the bearing isn't already damaged, you will be fine.
Nice color on yours! lol
Sponsored