15 GT 3.55 6 spd vs 2011 Audi s4 stage 2+ DCT

5PointMoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moe Ali
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Black on Black
Hey guys, Im having a race with a 2011 Auto dual clutch transmission audi s4 with a stage 2+ tune. This guy is claiming he does mid 11's but I want to race him stock to see where my car stock stands at. What do you think is going to go down? I am going to put on some Slicks for this race. What do you think my car will do against this little monster?
Sponsored

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
He will win, especially if you are racing from a dig.
those b8's can be quick little things.

OP
OP
5PointMoe

5PointMoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moe Ali
Vehicle(s)
He will win, especially if you are racing from a dig.
those b8's can be quick little things.
So I dont stand a chance at all? I mean stock the car pushes 333hp which is about the same as the m3 e46. The tune he said probably puts him about the same as me power wise at the crank. Shoot your right, it'll come down to driver mod too probably.

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I dont stand a chance at all? I mean stock the car pushes 333hp which is about the same as the m3 e46. The tune he said probably puts him about the same as me power wise at the crank. Shoot your right, it'll come down to driver mod too probably.
He'll take you off the line, you need to really hook the launch.
From then it's a drivers race. Slam through those gears!!

Edit: no he won't kill you, but it's going to be a tough race.

Also here's a s197 battling a tuned s4! Watch the whole thing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
5PointMoe

5PointMoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moe Ali
Vehicle(s)
He'll take you off the line, you need to really hook the launch.
From then it's a drivers race. Slam through those gears!!

Edit: no he won't kill you, but it's going to be a tough race.

Also here's a s197 battling a tuned s4! Watch the whole thing.

This is really going to be a interested match. Wish me luck. I was thinking the same thing smash through my gears :headbang:.

That race was impressive. The mustang was keeping up. If only it was stick I think he would of taken it.

I will let you know the results after Friday Night Drags.

Sponsored

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is really going to be a interested match. Wish me luck. I was thinking the same thing smash through my gears :headbang:.

That race was impressive. The mustang was keeping up. If only it was stick I think he would of taken it.

I will let you know the results after Friday Night Drags.
Goodluck, warm up those tires and turn TC OFF!!!!

OP
OP
5PointMoe

5PointMoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moe Ali
Vehicle(s)
Goodluck, warm up those tires and turn TC OFF!!!!
I must say when I do take advantage if track mode. Its WICKED HAHAH. I sure will. I'll even try to get go pro footage with my friend.:ford::headbang:

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Browsed a few Audi forums and found this...

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/400241-Official-1-4th-Quarter-Mile-Drag-Strip-Times

The Stage 2+'s are getting into the 11's fairly easy. I don't see a stock S550 GT, even with slicks, getting into the 11's.

He shouldn't kill you, but you might be running as high as mid 12's even with slicks if you don't track the car much or are new to manuals in high hp cars. If he's telling the truth and is running mid 11's, from a roll or a dig it will be one sided. 1.6xx 60 foot times or 118-119mph traps, its a good car for both.

Too many variables to say though. There are some slow S4's on that list too, perhaps he's bluffing. Just go out there and have fun. Don't sweat it, if that's the car you want to chase a manual S550 GT has what it takes. Tune, exhaust and headers (and keep the slicks) and it should be a drivers race. ;)

EDIT: Actually, found a 12.07 and a 11.97 with slicks and drag radials respectively. Good traps too, in the mid 115's.

It won't let me link it for some reason, but its over on SVTPerformance.

That should give you an idea where both of you stand.

Last edited:
OP
OP
5PointMoe

5PointMoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moe Ali
Vehicle(s)
Browsed a few Audi forums and found this...

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/400241-Official-1-4th-Quarter-Mile-Drag-Strip-Times

The Stage 2+'s are getting into the 11's fairly easy. Their trap speed isn't too crazy, though.

It's close enough to be a drivers race, but certainly an advantage to the S4. If he says he's running mid 11's he very well could be, it wouldn't take much added to that to reach mid 11's.

I think you'd look better doing a roll race, from a dig, unless you have some serious track experience, even with slicks, he should out do you. Best case scenario for a stock S550 GT with slicks, imo, would be around a 12 flat. Pretty sure some stock S197 GT's with stock tires were hitting 12.3's. There are some pretty slow Stage 2+ S4's on that list though. But if he said mid 11's he's likely doing that.
He probably could be, It will be a good race. IF anything goes down ill be back with a tune and some mods myself. You think a roll race from slicks would give me a chance to win? I mean if he's doing mid 11's wouldn't he need some slicks or something himself?:shrug:

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
You think a roll race from slicks would give me a chance to win? I mean if he's doing mid 11's wouldn't he need some slicks or something himself?:shrug:
You wouldn't need slicks going from a roll, nor would he. Not sure if he needs slicks to hit mid 11's, the S4 is awd and that helps out a lot.

I'm not even sure if a roll would be better, if he's trapping 118-119 he will pull pretty hard. He won't pull a few buses on you, but it'll certainly be a few cars. Basically find some videos of equal drivers racing a GT vs a Boss 302, and it'll be a tad worse than that. I think Boss 302's trap 116-117mph.

Sponsored

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Hey guys, Im having a race with a 2011 Auto dual clutch transmission audi s4 with a stage 2+ tune. This guy is claiming he does mid 11's but I want to race him stock to see where my car stock stands at. What do you think is going to go down? I am going to put on some Slicks for this race. What do you think my car will do against this little monster?
The 2011 S4 is underrated stock. It's closer to 360-370HP, with stage 1 (tune, exhaust, CAI) almost 400ish, stage 2+ 420-450 (with pulley at crank).

He will beat you from a standing start. However, at freeway speeds the 5.0 gen 2 will beat it, esp at higher rpms. The Mustang likes to REV and pull really hard as the revs build (it actually pulls all throughout the tach) while the S4 will loose steam there. I dont know all his mods though so it might be a tie/drivers race.

With a tune, CAI I think you will beat him easily - and even from a stand still if you combine that with slicks. Again, I dont know what his Stage 2+ is. If you did what I consider a stage 2+ on the Stang (super charger, low boost) it would not even be a competition. The supercharged V6 S4 is a fast car though, but stock to stock its not in the same speed category as the GT. It was positioned as an offering between the E92 M3 (which the new Stang is faster than) and the BMW 335.

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
The 2011 S4 is underrated stock. It's closer to 360-370HP, with stage 1 (tune, exhaust, CAI) almost 400ish, stage 2+ 420-450 (with pulley at crank).

He will beat you from a standing start. However, at freeway speeds the 5.0 gen 2 will beat it, esp at higher rpms. The Mustang likes to REV and pull really hard as the revs build (it actually pulls all throughout the tach) while the S4 will loose steam there. I dont know all his mods though so it might be a tie/drivers race.

With a tune, CAI I think you will beat him easily - and even from a stand still if you combine that with slicks. Again, I dont know what his Stage 2+ is. If you did what I consider a stage 2+ on the Stang (super charger, low boost) it would not even be a competition. The supercharged V6 S4 is a fast car though, but stock to stock its not in the same speed category as the GT. It was positioned as an offering between the E92 M3 (which the new Stang is faster than) and the BMW 335.
i did some brief internet surfing and they were saying the b8 s4 was actually mostly compared to the bmw 335i/435i. a supercharger is not in comparison to a stage2+...lol. it is more like a stage 10. with the new 2015 mustangs i say you can easily run up to 750 rwhp and not have your motor blow (dont hold me to that though since we do not know for sure). i know the s197 5.0's had to stay under 700, maybe 650 just to be on the safe side of not having to replace your stock motor.

jlmoya88

Fucking A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Gray Premium Ecoboost
The DSG transmission is great. I believe even if you get a good launch you will loose in the shifting

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Stage 2 vs gt stock well not really fair! Tell him to give you 1 car length from the start!

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
What went down with the race?
Sponsored