15 Ecoboost CEL P0054/0141

OP
OP

AmericanSpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 2.3T
Yeah I've checked the harness, appears fine. I removed and reinstalled the DP yesterday to check for any leaks but the code returned. Im reinstalling the factory DP today, Im out of options at this point. Even if it is something Ford is responsible for(wiring/control unit) they wont look into it with the aftermarket DP on.

Also, apparently Adam doesn't do any CEL deletes on his tunes.
Sponsored

OP
OP

AmericanSpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 2.3T
After installing the factory DP and ECU reset the code returned. At this point I'm convinced its the catalyst control module. It is the only variable that hasn't been verified or swapped. It's possible it's still a wiring issue but all connectors are clean and operational. All wiring is in it's factory location including mounting clips.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Sounds like it's time for a trip to the dealer huh?

OP
OP

AmericanSpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 2.3T
Yeah, It was my trip to them that started all of this, but initially I got the generic "its your mods" response. After talking with them(and reinstalling factory parts) I'm expecting a call from the shop foreman in the morning. My gut says its the Catalyst Control Module like a prior TSB had covered(my car was build 4 months following). My car is portraying the same symptoms as the TSB. Will update tmw

OP
OP

AmericanSpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 2.3T
Consensus from Ford dealership is its a faulty O2 sensor. I picked up a "Ford" sensor, crossing fingers that it really is a bad replacement O2 just cause i want this all over. will update...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
giphy.gif

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
That's what I was alluding to when I said if you're 100% sure the replacement O2 sensor is good. It's funny they turn their nose up at Denso, they make very high quality parts. It's too bad it isn't a V8, those are easy because you just swap sensors between banks and see if the problem follows. Best of luck, I know you want to put this behind you asap.

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
That's what I was alluding to when I said if you're 100% sure the replacement O2 sensor is good. It's funny they turn their nose up at Denso, they make very high quality parts. It's too bad it isn't a V8, those are easy because you just swap sensors between banks and see if the problem follows. Best of luck, I know you want to put this behind you asap.
Is it possible you diagnose the same way, by swapping the front and rear sensors on an turbo car, and see if the code changes follow?

either way I hope you get this sorted too. :headbang:

Last edited:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Is it possible you diagnose the same way, by swapping the front and rear sensors on an turbo car, and see if the code changes follow?

either way I hope you get this sorted too. :headbang:
I was thinking the same thing, unfortunately he said the front and rear sensors were 2 different part numbers earlier.

sl1kn1ck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PREM PP MANUAL OXFORD WHITE 201A
Consensus from Ford dealership is its a faulty O2 sensor. I picked up a "Ford" sensor, crossing fingers that it really is a bad replacement O2 just cause i want this all over. will update...
Did you ever fix this? I am having the same issue. My issue came on after I put the stock downpipe back on and re flashed to stage 1 tune. Today for the heck of it I put stage 0 on it, but P0141 came back on. After searching the forum, the only explanation I could find was a leak somewhere. I replaced the donut gasket last night, and the CEL came right back. All o2 sensors are plugged in, and everything runs fine. My next step is to put the stock plugs back in.

Nick

Sponsored

Anwar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anwar
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang
Did you ever fix this? I am having the same issue. My issue came on after I put the stock downpipe back on and re flashed to stage 1 tune. Today for the heck of it I put stage 0 on it, but P0141 came back on. After searching the forum, the only explanation I could find was a leak somewhere. I replaced the donut gasket last night, and the CEL came right back. All o2 sensors are plugged in, and everything runs fine. My next step is to put the stock plugs back in.

Nick
I am having the same problem, any recommendations mate?

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Longshot, but did you fix the problem OP. I have the same set of codes and have had aftermarket downpipe for 2+ years. Put the stock one back on and code is still there

Shahmir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Hello everyone that might STILL be suffering from this problem. Has anyone found a solution to fix the CEL? Almost every single post on the internet that has this issue, does not seem to post if they found a solution or not after changing the o2 sensors or taking it to the dealer. (Probably got jipped while trying to fix the issue and did not want to inform the other members lol). My 2015 Mustang Ecoboost with a catless exhaust has had the same issue for nearly three YEARS now. I have P0030 and P0054 pop up for me. The only thing that I have not tried yet is changing BOTH o2 sensors at the SAME time. I have checked my wiring harness, fuses, voltage to each sensor, and whatever else I could think of. Is adding a defouler the way to work around this issue? Is changing both o2 sensors at the same time going to alleviate this issue? Are these cars just doomed after the CEL occurs for anything sensor-related? Any/all feedback would be greatly appreciated.

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
Hello everyone that might STILL be suffering from this problem. Has anyone found a solution to fix the CEL? Almost every single post on the internet that has this issue, does not seem to post if they found a solution or not after changing the o2 sensors or taking it to the dealer. (Probably got jipped while trying to fix the issue and did not want to inform the other members lol). My 2015 Mustang Ecoboost with a catless exhaust has had the same issue for nearly three YEARS now. I have P0030 and P0054 pop up for me. The only thing that I have not tried yet is changing BOTH o2 sensors at the SAME time. I have checked my wiring harness, fuses, voltage to each sensor, and whatever else I could think of. Is adding a defouler the way to work around this issue? Is changing both o2 sensors at the same time going to alleviate this issue? Are these cars just doomed after the CEL occurs for anything sensor-related? Any/all feedback would be greatly appreciated.
If you don't run a defouler with a high flow DP you will get a CEL even if it's catted. I run a CVF catted DP with Jbar style defoluer and middle insert with never throwing a CEL.
Sponsored

Last edited: