10R80 Transmission

PeterJohn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yesterday was the day I got the call. I purchased my Automatic 2018 PP1 3 months ago and within that time have put about 8k miles on it. At 24k now and the transmission after several battery pulls just hasn’t changed. Jerking and crashing coming to stops and switching between P and D, making random slapping noises every so often while driving, and a weird clicking noise while driving cold. Not to mention I have the bbq tick and knocking that comes and goes to be heard throughout the whole exhaust system. Anyway, yesterday I got the call that a tech test drove my car and was able to replicate the issues I stated. He wants take out and tear down the whole transmission to search for failure. Waiting on the next call which will be they got the okay from a Ford Engineer that they are doing so. I just have a few questions such as what has others experience been with this situation and what should I do at this current moment? I want to bring up the motor too because I can tell the tick and knocking is going to be a problem eventually as well. I know this might sound outlandish but I ended up getting a bomb of a s550 and I’m wondering if there’s any possible action I can take against the dealer who sold me the car 3 months ago. What are my options at this point while I wait?
Sponsored

4sdvenom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
What ended up happening with the transmission?
We're there still any issues after getting it back with the transmission or the engine noises?
I'm going to possibly be buying an 18+ Mustang GT w/10 speed and just getting all the info I can on what to keep an eye out for.
Thanks
Ken

Maglin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Sounds like it's getting fixed under warranty. I would get it on record about other noises you have. Chances are it's the same ticking most of the Direct Injection cars make.

Stuff happens. Just because it does doesn't mean you have a lemon. You also have the first model year for that transmission, so it's kind of expected to have some issues that was unforeseen during development. During this time I would insure I get a rental or loaner car.

nick20s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stangfan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 10R80 201A
I would get this fixed under the warranty and get a Ford approved extended warranty after the factory warranty is over.
Sponsored