OP
OP
sycd

sycd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Thanks Shogun. Didn't know that. I'll try it next time I'm in the car.
Since sycd mentioned the car is new to him, the car needs time to unlearn the previous owners' habits and learn his. As have been said in other threads, "drive it like you mean it" will speed that learning curve. Since the car is past break-in miles, enjoy it!
The car had to be jump started at the dealership, would lack of power cause the trans learning to be lost?

I definitely drive it like I mean it, or stole it. One of the few good things about buying a car used but still with low mileage.
Sponsored

OP
OP
sycd

sycd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
or just long-hold on the upshift paddle. Even in 'D' people use the paddles to override the unhelpful algorithm.
I didn't know we could switch back to automatic mode while in S with this. Thanks for the tip!

OP
OP
sycd

sycd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Have you gone back to your dealer with a warranty request?
Curious to see if you have and what kind of response you received?
Checking fluid level and reflashing the trans software may be worth a try.
Since automatic mode is smooth I'm guessing that it's not a hardware issue. Others are experiencing the same behavior according to this thread, so it might be the nature of the beast.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I talked to some of the instructors at Ford Performance Racing School today (during the Mach 1 Track Attack) about the A10 vs the M6, specifically about using the A10 in "manual" (aka, paddle) mode and most responded the times they've had an A10 on the track (they still don't have many here at FPRS), they put the car in S or S+ and let it figure it out. For me personally, that matches my experience that I can't keep up with going through the 10 speeds in "spirited" driving, so letting the car do what it's been programmed to do is much smoother. This topic came up after we did some short track runs in Normal/Sport+/Track/Normal modes and got to feel the difference. Normal is fine for daily driving but for other driving, I think the Owner's' Manual is pretty accurate: Sport+ for spirited driving and Track for track. (We did not try Drag mode as there's only so much to be fit in one day and the Mach 1 was never intended to be a straight-line only car! IMHO!!) On Wednesday I'm taking my Mach 1 through the Tail of the Dragon using Sport+ mode. As I learned today, Sport+ throttle response is more responsive than Track mode and should be the right set-up for the Tail. There are more changes between the modes but the throttle was the part I was able to feel.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
On Wednesday I'm taking my Mach 1 through the Tail of the Dragon using Sport+ mode. As I learned today, Sport+ throttle response is more responsive than Track mode and should be the right set-up for the Tail.
really? Tail is the epitome of rolling smoothly in and out of the throttle and brushing the brakes. Normal or Track throttle response is what I'd pick without a second thought. Sport is only useful horsing around on the street or perhaps autocross where your intent is to sling the car around without much regard for precision or chassis disruption.

When I drove an A10 I used the paddles to override the gear choice because I could anticipate what gear I wanted for the upcoming corner and/or throttle application. I had next to no need to command each and every shift. That got OLD fast.

Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
really? Tail is the epitome of rolling smoothly in and out of the throttle and brushing the brakes. Normal or Track throttle response is what I'd pick without a second thought. Sport is only useful horsing around on the street or perhaps autocross where your intent is to sling the car around without much regard for precision or chassis disruption.
Thanks for the feedback. What I felt today was better throttle control, up and down, in Sport+, whereas Track "softened" the response. Yes, we were hard on throttle/hard on brakes, then back on throttle -- rinse and repeat -- for a repeated cycles. The more responsive "off throttle" felt like a touch more engine braking. This was my first day pushing it to that point, so we'll see what tomorrow brings. And the nice thing is, if I don't like how it's feeling after the first 25-50 turns in the Tail, I can change it!!!

Cobrajet70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Hp
Vehicle Showcase
I came from a power package tuned GT performance package and that thing was aggressive in sport Plus. It had the normal it's a bit cold and weird at first problems but better then it was stock. The mach 1 only has 150 miles in it and it's smooth as butter in sport +. It does not rev match or hit nearly as hard....I preferre it to engine brake and rev match in that mode...needed alot less mechanical brakes to stop. I don't recall it requiring a breakin period for a calibration change. Any one else experience that?
Sponsored