10R80 acting strange

P_SchroederStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peyton
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
About 2-3 weeks ago my 2020 mustang GT PP1 w/ the 10R80 began acting strange when the car is in aport plus mode. The car is in auto shifting mode as wel I am NOT using the paddles to shift when this occurs. ONLY when going from 4th to 5th gear under medium throttle 1/4 shifts is very harsh, almost as if the car is pausing then shifts. Also under WOT when trying to go to 5th gear from 4th the car will redline itself every so often. It did it so bad one time that it took a while second at one point to change from 4th to 5th, just redlining itself. I have a video of it attached. Now what I got on video isn’t as bad as the time it did is as described above but the point remains the same. The car is being taken to the dealer to check fluid level in a couple days. My first thought is since the 10 speed is self learning maybe my normal driving style taught it some “bad habits” and that’s why. My second thought is maybe fluid levels are low because ford did send some of these stangs with low fluid. Thirdly maybe an impending mechanical failure. Either way wanted to pick some brains and if anyone has experienced this. I have read the entire popular thread about 10R80s, but nothing described exactly what was happening to me. Also the latest TSB from ford about harsh shift and no shift conditions best describes my issue. Thanks
*also I have an intake, LT headers, and cat back*

Sponsored