10k Service?

mpelon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT California Special
I had the oil changed in my 21 GT/CS at 10k miles and asked the dealership about the 10k service package listed on the FordPass app and in the owner’s manual. They told me they don’t really do that because they don’t have lifts in their bay and that it wasn’t really a big deal (really odd a dealership turns down money!). I have also heard some car owners say some things on the 10k list are just a way to overcharge people for unnecessary things. I wanted to get an idea of what some of you guys think. Is the 10k and other ‘scheduled’ maintenance work important? Didn’t need tire rotation because had just switched to summer tires. I’d appreciate any input.
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Nothing you cant do yourself, and at 10K miles, the car should still be basically brand new.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
i find the dealers don t check 1/2 the stuff they are supposed to anyway while charging you.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
i find the dealers don t check 1/2 the stuff they are supposed to anyway while charging you.
Bet they love when Karen/Mildred/Mable comes in with her brand new car at 10K miles and wants to pay for "service".....
Sponsored