Sponsored

1 in 5 EV owners go back to gas. For this reason.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It will be decades before current fields expire and we have to seek out hard-to-reach oil, although we'll have started drilling in those regions long before. We're not running out of oil in your lifetime. For that matter, demand in rapidly industrializing nations with growing middle classes are only going to increase the need for more hydrocarbon-based products and fuel. They're not going to be buying into EV because outside of a few countries in Europe the infrastructure for it on a mass scale doesn't exist. If you step out of your bubble you'll be surprised at how poorly thought-out this "EV future" is.
Lmao, my bubble? I'm not an EV fanatic. I already challenged your argument with my other posts. Decades at current demand, sure. Throw the whole world at the problem with everyone using more every year, and the story changes. We would burn through our personal stockpiles in 45 years, assuming demand stays flat (which it wont). And we're just one fraction of global use. And once again, oil simply being available doesn't mean it's not going to massively spike in price as it requires more work to get, or is further and further away from existing infrastructure.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Well regardless if it’s 50 or 300 years? If we’re going to have this technology pushed apon us. At least make it comparable to the technology you’re trying to kill off. Today only Tesla is even in the ballpark. With an 80% change in 15 minutes. And that is using their level 3 charging. So we’re looking at a 50-80 thousand dollar car. Using a 480 volt charge. That’s still no comparison to a Mitsubishi Mirage at 14 thousand Fueling at infrastructure that’s been in place for 100 years.

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Well, let's see. If today I have one ICE car I'm good to go for local or distance driving. And I pay road tax on every galleon of gas I put in my ICE vehicle to maintain all the roads and highways. Easy, quick fill ups and I'm on my way again. Let's suppose in the future we'll be REQUIRED to use EVs. So now I'll need to expand my garage to house two vehicles (one ICE, one EV) because I'm required to drive hundreds of miles daily so I still need one ICE vehicle. But all, or most, of my local/shorter driving will be with my EV. Using my EV I won't be purchasing gasoline for it so I'll not be paying for the road/streets any more. If I have to give up my ICE vehicle, now my long distance driving might take days more than using an ICE vehicle. Looks like it may be wise to invest in hotels/motels since much fewer miles per day can be driven using EVs. Naw, as much as I want to save the planet I don't have enough years left to be wasting hours and hours per day to recharge my EV.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Well, let's see. If today I have one ICE car I'm good to go for local or distance driving. And I pay road tax on every galleon of gas I put in my ICE vehicle to maintain all the roads and highways. Easy, quick fill ups and I'm on my way again. Let's suppose in the future we'll be REQUIRED to use EVs. So now I'll need to expand my garage to house two vehicles (one ICE, one EV) because I'm required to drive hundreds of miles daily so I still need one ICE vehicle. But all, or most, of my local/shorter driving will be with my EV. Using my EV I won't be purchasing gasoline for it so I'll not be paying for the road/streets any more. If I have to give up my ICE vehicle, now my long distance driving might take days more than using an ICE vehicle. Looks like it may be wise to invest in hotels/motels since much fewer miles per day can be driven using EVs. Naw, as much as I want to save the planet I don't have enough years left to be wasting hours and hours per day to recharge my EV.
Most states are trying to set up a new hustle to supplement the gas tax. Here in Utah, they want to tax per mile driven LMAO. And the best part is that this will still magically apply to gas vehicle drivers as well. So they'll be double dipping.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
In all honesty, after going through at least two gas shortages in a year I’d probably have both electric and gas. And don’t live in Tx and depend on an electric car. Common sense stuff.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Most states are trying to set up a new hustle to supplement the gas tax. Here in Utah, they want to tax per mile driven LMAO. And the best part is that this will still magically apply to gas vehicle drivers as well. So they'll be double dipping.
this simply isn't feasible.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
this simply isn't feasible.
Tax per mile, a toll road... What's the difference?

Around here, they used to have red light cameras. Apparently it wasn't as profitable as they thought as those cameras lasted only a short while. Maybe they will start taxing per mile and then figure out it isn't as profitable as they thought. Seems to be a common theme with the U.S...

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I believe the "tax per mile" would be in lieu of the the gas tax for EV's. Roadway tolls are for everyone.
Gotcha. I was figuring they were trying to tax ICE cars twice over and EVs once to entice people to switch over.
Sponsored