Sponsored

Every member here needs to sign the RPM act !!

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Mods if you could make this a sticky for now, as it affects every single car enthusiast.
Takes a minute to fill out.
http://www.votervoice.net/Shares/BAAAAAVoACSFLAFD24X7FAA
I've already emailed my senators and representatives in Texas. I feel more needs to be done though. People that love driving cars like ours need to no long support politicians that support taking them away from us. Those politicians fly on private jets as they have their noses in the air toward us for having headers and superchargers. The idea of taking this away from us is hypocritical and ineffective for what it is they even claim they want to accomplish. It has been stated even by John Kerry that even if we turn everything to electric, it won't change anything about global warming unless China and India join as well.
We've got to stop supporting politicians that support this. Not like the Green New Deal states "but we won't touch superchargers." This all should not come as a surprise at this point.
If anyone thinks this has nothing to do with politicians, then I'm not sure what country they have been living in all this time.

Desert Dog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2012 Mustang GT
Get your friends and family to a Sign it, even if their not directly into Modded Cars. We need the largest possible grass roots effort on this one, and it will still be a long shot. It doesn't matter who or how we got here. We're here and all need to come together to support our common interest. The RPM Act is a good place to start.

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Get your friends and family to a Sign it, even if their not directly into Modded Cars. We need the largest possible grass roots effort on this one, and it will still be a long shot. It doesn't matter who or how we got here. We're here and all need to come together to support our common interest. The RPM Act is a good place to start.
When repeatedly in the same predicament, one must know why they are in that situation in the first place otherwise the issue will continue to arise. If you're curious as to why this is even worse this time around, look at who is in control of your federal government right now. So yes, people need to unite and decide they're not going to vote this issue into power anymore. Unless you have some catchy social media idea on Twitter that trends heavily, today's politicians don't care.

sotek2345

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2016 F-150
I don't think this does what a lot of people seem to think it does. This act (if signed into law) would only protect vehicles solely used for on track racing. It does not apply to on road (licensed / registered vehicles).

I think protecting autosports is a great thing, but I haven't seen anything about it being under threat (other than perhaps electric vehicles becoming higher performing than ICE over time). I have seen stories about pushback on people who want to eliminate or circumvent emissions equipment in on-road vehicles and the companies that sell equipment to support that. I fully support this pushback. Given how little that equipment impacts performance these days, I can't think of any good argument for removing it from a modern car that is used on public roads.

Sponsored

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I don't think this does what a lot of people seem to think it does. This act (if signed into law) would only protect vehicles solely used for on track racing. It does not apply to on road (licensed / registered vehicles).

I think protecting autosports is a great thing, but I haven't seen anything about it being under threat (other than perhaps electric vehicles becoming higher performing than ICE over time). I have seen stories about pushback on people who want to eliminate or circumvent emissions equipment in on-road vehicles and the companies that sell equipment to support that. I fully support this pushback. Given how little that equipment impacts performance these days, I can't think of any good argument for removing it from a modern car that is used on public roads.
And it's odd that more people are not saying this. It's as though people are trying to be easy to work with by saying "oh well then let me at least have a race car for the track," rather than saying , "no to all this crap. I get to keep my car, not pay high taxes for owning it, and drive as many miles as I like. Hands off."

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

Dtmlloyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 2500 high country
They just keep taking a little more and more! Motorcycle cycle guys next! All you Harley guy and aftermarket exhaust! Atv guys etc. we ALL need to band together now!

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
They just keep taking a little more and more! Motorcycle cycle guys next! All you Harley guy and aftermarket exhaust! Atv guys etc. we ALL need to band together now!
Yep, and Ammo prices soaring with new Gun laws coming.
Gas prices through the roof
Immigrants coming in by the millions
All you Dems voted for this shit! Fuckin Brainwashed

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I knew there would be no way to keep politics out :). BTW, the attempt to regulate what is on the highways has been happening for a long time.....it didn't just begin in 2021. Blame it on the government...period, regardless of which political side.

Sponsored

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I knew there would be no way to keep politics out :). BTW, the attempt to regulate what is on the highways has been happening for a long time.....it didn't just begin in 2021. Blame it on the government...period, regardless of which political side.
My apologies. I removed my post.

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
To be fair, we're requesting people to communicate with senators and representatives. The heart of it is politics.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I agree but once we start laying blame on one or the other party...that typically defeats the purpose of trying to get people to sign......as some are only going to relate to the blame.

To be fair, we're requesting people to communicate with senators and representatives. The heart of it is politics.

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I agree but once we start laying blame on one or the other party...that typically defeats the purpose of trying to get people to sign......as some are only going to relate to the blame.
The purpose of getting people to sign is to avoid losing our cars. So getting rid of the politicians that are pushing getting rid of our cars is even more productive. If they are not in office, they won't have any say on this to begin with. There is only one party pushing the Green New Deal. There's no way around that. There's no room for our cars in the Green New Deal. A vote for the green new deal is a vote to get rid of our cars. That's not overly political to include on this and it's naive to think there isn't a party that's after our cars.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
do they send these automated letters back to you guys saying we understand and we support you, and then turn around and vote green new deal? trying to make people feel better, then backstabbing them for their party cause

idk. I just don't trust the political leaders anymore. seem to all want this gasless/virtue signaling world. but will say whatever to whoever to make them happy
Sponsored