Sponsored

Custom Turbo-back Exhaust System

CustomS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
3" Ebay Catless Downpipe (Your choice)

1 x Metallic Core 200cell Converter (My choice)

1 x Center Muffler (My choice)

2 x Rear Mufflers (My choice) Could also substitute for an O/O config. muffler depending on the tip used

2 x SS Tips (My choice)

~ $220 for Catless Downpipe
~ $120 - $170 Metallic Core converter
~ $150 3 Mufflers
~ $70 SS Tips
~ $200 Installation / Labor

For a total of about $800 one could have a complete street-legal (most states) free flowing and very mild sounding exhaust system. A critical component to success with this is that your installer is capable and comfortable with converter work.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

sl1kn1ck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PREM PP MANUAL OXFORD WHITE 201A
You guys did a good job, can't wait to hear sound clips. I'm debating what to do for exhaust, but I never keep a car longer than a few years so I don't want to chop up my stock exhaust. I bet your setup is pretty quiet, what mufflers did you use?

sl1kn1ck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PREM PP MANUAL OXFORD WHITE 201A
Sorry didn't realize that the descriptions are actually links

OP
OP
CustomS550

CustomS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
Thanks! I hear you, and those were also my initial thoughts. But then i remembered that All that we have is today, my friend, so make the most of it. In a few years time stock catbacks will be plentiful and cheap on the second hand market.

You guys did a good job, can't wait to hear sound clips. I'm debating what to do for exhaust, but I never keep a car longer than a few years so I don't want to chop up my stock exhaust. I bet your setup is pretty quiet, what mufflers did you use?

OP
OP
CustomS550

CustomS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
I fixed the link to the rear mufflers as i was originally linking to the 2" version instead of the 2.5"

Btw, the factory piping is 2.25", and one could go either way on the rear mufflers.

Sorry didn't realize that the descriptions are actually links

Last edited:

Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I love the custom route. Let's hear how it sounds.

Rick B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
Lets hear the system. I have been looking to do something with my exhaust but haven't heard anything worthwhile.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Your center muffler choice intrigues me. The only time I've seen an offset inlet on a dual outlet muffler is the ones specifically designed for Camaros and Firebirds. In those cases, one of the pipes on the dual end side is actually the inlet and the outlets are actually on both sides and oppose each other (a transverse layout inside the muffler).

I've attached a diagram below to illustrate what I'm talking about. Did you look down into the muffler, by chance, to see how the piping is routed?

picture.jpg

I'm curious as to how this would affect flow if your muffler design is the same as what I'm describing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CustomS550

CustomS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
That's a very good observation, and you're correct in the fact that this is a transverse muffler which could be used in both applications. It's actually made in favor of the single offset inlet / dual outlet configuration as used in the mustang application, because the dual outlet side uses a V to split the exhaust flow and the offset inlet is a single perforated pipe surrounded by acoustic filler material

Last edited:

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
That's a very good observation, and you're correct in the fact that this is a transverse muffler which could be used in both applications. It's actually made in favor of the single offset inlet / dual outlet configuration as used in the mustang application, because the dual outlet side uses a V to split the exhaust flow and the offset inlet is a single perforated pipe surrounded by acoustic filler material
I'd really like to see one of these cut apart. I had thought about doing the same thing on my car previously, but hesitated because I thought the flow would be biased towards following in a straight path from outlet to outlet (on the diagram) and would have reduced flow to the inlet (on the diagram). I thought the inlet pipe might have been made in more of a T or Y inside versus a V. This intrigues me though as I'd prefer to have an offset inlet to align with the downpipe better than a center inlet.

OP
OP
CustomS550

CustomS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
Here's an inside view of the XS2265. The V divider is on the back side of the end cap. As a matter of fact I used this muffler with the stock downpipe for about a month prior to switching to the custom downpipe.

xs2265inside.jpg

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Here's an inside view of the XS2265. The V divider is on the back side of the end cap. As a matter of fact I used this muffler with the stock downpipe for about a month prior to switching to the custom downpipe.

Any CEL with the 200 Cell cat?

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
I run the cp-e 3" DP and 3" single race exhaust

3" all the way through.....