Sponsored

Waxing decklid panel?

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
A tip I picked up from a fellow member is to use rainx on it. It seems to help lessen the amount of dust attracted to it and if caught in the rain the panel doesn't look like complete crap.
Sponsored

Simmons-Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
A tip I picked up from a fellow member is to use rainx on it. It seems to help lessen the amount of dust attracted to it and if caught in the rain the panel doesn't look like complete crap.
I have to try this......I hate how dusty it gets.

Simmons

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It may not be painted but I believe that there is clearcoat on it. I scratched mine and in the process of removing the scatches I think I went through the clearcoat because it looks different from the rest of the panel after i wet sanded with 2000 and polished it.
Decklid2.JPG
Deckllid1.JPG

RitzGT

Serial Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6sp
I even wax my windshield! Water rolls off real nice.
^^this^^

I clay the windshield first. Amazing how much embedded crap is on the glass every time.

As far as the plastic trunk panel goes, I just wax it along with the rest of the car. Protects it from the sun.

Best,

Sponsored

RitzGT

Serial Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6sp
It may not be painted but I believe that there is clearcoat on it. I scratched mine and in the process of removing the scatches I think I went through the clearcoat because it looks different from the rest of the panel after i wet sanded with 2000 and polished it.
Ouch...that sucks. I'd either replace it or take it off and plastidip it. Those dull spots would trigger my car OCD fo sheezy.

Best,

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Ouch...that sucks. I'd either replace it or take it off and plastidip it. Those dull spots would trigger my car OCD fo sheezy.

Best,
I was thinking of taking it off and putting a coat of clearcoat on it, give it a light wet sand with 3000, polish it and see what I get and then replace if needed.

People are swapping these out and selling the takeoff's routinely so there are plenty to be found.

The OCD is in full force here as well!
Sponsored

Last edited: