Sponsored

Rasp Conquered

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thank you Magnaflow!! :headband: Bought the MBRP Street Catback and that was a mistake. It was not loud did not drone. But Jesus Christ the rasp was embarrassing!! It sounded like one of those old steel trash cans being beaten with a metal spoon when I got on the throttle. God awful. So I got Magnaflow involved and they saved the day. Cut out the MBRP mufflers and installed 2 Magnaflow mufflers (Part #12229 $169 for both shipped to my door) and sounds deep and no rasp. :thumbs: Again thank you Magnaflow.
Sponsored

Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
Yeah, I'm feeling the MBRP buyers remorse myself. Bought the Street setup for my vert. Too loud for a convertible.

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
Honestly I love mine I have a street version . I have no idea if my blower makes a difference it's a little bit raspy but not extreme. My Borla Stingers were crazy on my 04 Mach 1 talk about rasp

Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
Honestly I love mine I have a street version . I have no idea if my blower makes a difference it's a little bit raspy but not extreme. My Borla Stingers were crazy on my 04 Mach 1 talk about rasp
MBRP is good with a blower :thumbsup:

Sponsored

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Video!

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang Premium Automagic

GHOSTRACER

Midlife Crisis......Again
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
:thumbsup::clap2::thumbsup::clap2:

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Im becoming more and more annoyed with the tinny raspy sound, know the only option is to replace the mufflers (only) in the whole catback system.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yeah, I'm feeling the MBRP buyers remorse myself. Bought the Street setup for my vert. Too loud for a convertible.
I could not imagine the MBRP setup in a convertible. :eyebulge:

I am ROUSH S/Cd.

I will post one here later today or tomorrow.

This. I'm thinking of swapping out my race mufflers when I go long tubes.
The way these Magnaflows sound I am pretty sure it will sound even more bad ass when I install headers.

Im becoming more and more annoyed with the tinny raspy sound, know the only option is to replace the mufflers (only) in the whole catback system.
THIS^^^^^ Is exactly why I changed from the cheap tinny MBRP mufflers. This Roush S/Cd Mustang sounds so much more intimidating. RIP Dale (intimidator) Earnhardt. :thumbsup:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Thank you Magnaflow!! :headband: Bought the MBRP Street Catback and that was a mistake. It was not loud did not drone. But Jesus Christ the rasp was embarrassing!! It sounded like one of those old steel trash cans being beaten with a metal spoon when I got on the throttle. God awful. So I got Magnaflow involved and they saved the day. Cut out the MBRP mufflers and installed 2 Magnaflow mufflers (Part #12229 $169 for both shipped to my door) and sounds deep and no rasp. :thumbs: Again thank you Magnaflow.
:lol::lol::lol:

5.0 Probie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
Those Magnaflow Part #12229's have been around a while (At least 2008 I think) and have been widely used. How did you mount them?

And what other exhaust mods are on the car now (For those of us still trying to decide on the perfect exhaust)?

I ask because I reeeeeeeeeeeeally want the old school rumble/deep exhaust sound on this car. While we enjoyed the Roush kit on the 2014, the rasp is just not for us. Neither is the "POP" crap many of the exhausts offer when letting off the gas or downshifting.

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Those Magnaflow Part #12229's have been around a while (At least 2008 I think) and have been widely used. How did you mount them?

And what other exhaust mods are on the car now (For those of us still trying to decide on the perfect exhaust)?

I ask because I reeeeeeeeeeeeally want the old school rumble/deep exhaust sound on this car. While we enjoyed the Roush kit on the 2014, the rasp is just not for us. Neither is the "POP" crap many of the exhausts offer when letting off the gas or downshifting.
I am very picky and honestly thought before installing the Magnaflows that they might not care of the rasp. THEY DID!! Now I have cats. And that matters. But out of all the exhaust videos I have seen heard I know that these mufflers are the real deal. Got both of them delivered to my door for $169 very good deal. I have always been a big fan of Magnaflow and went for MBRP for price and look happened. :headbonk:

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I asked and MBRP replied

The only way to get rid of the rasp would be to switch the muffler
assemblies to the race series which are more aggressive but no rasp.
Sponsored