Sponsored

2017 PCOTY. Not the ZL1 1LE.

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
As it is, the Mustang from 4 model years ago is still better than Chevy's latest, greatest effort.
4 model years? I think you mean 3. Wasn't it a 2015 that came out in late 2015? Pretty sure.

The GT350 came out 2 years before the ZL1 1LE., which arrived in 2017.

Somehow it's 4 years now.
Sponsored

OP
OP
garagelogic

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
You guys are such pussies. Buy a track car then complain that the suspension is too stiff? Give me a break!
If I were in the market to buy a solely track-intent car to drive, then you’d have a point. But I’m not in that demographic. I bought a car that performed well on the track AND on the street. The ZL1 1LE does not fit the bill despite the fact that 98% of people who buy one will never put it on a track but simply drive it to shows and cruise-ins.

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
The ZL1 1LE, similar to the past Z/28 is poorly designed with excessively stiff suspension and tacked on looking aero devices.

I think that's the point. The ZL1 1LE can produce a good magazine time, but it is not a great car to drive.
LoL :lol:

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
Man, those ZL1 1LE owners must be really disappointed in their car. Second place in a subjective contest to a McLaren

If the ZL1 1LE would have won, then there would have likely been a similar thread here about how the competition is 2 years apart and the two cars can't be compared.

Maybe if Ford would hurry up and get the GT500 out we could enjoy an actual comparison. Here's to hoping Ford is able to surpass the amazing performance of the ZL1 1LE.
Theres no chance the the new GT500 will beat a ZL1 1LE around a track. Its chassis is inferior.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
You mean 2018 PCOTY. And the Camaro at 70k lost to a 380k Mclaren 720s...What point are you trying to make?

Also the ZL1 1LE will obliterate a 350R.
So... a supercharged top model will beat a naturally aspirated one? One that has been the same for 3 years? Duh...

Lets revisit when the car that actually in the same class comes out... see what you have to say then.

Sponsored

OP
OP
garagelogic

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Theres no chance the the new GT500 will beat a ZL1 1LE around a track. Its chassis is inferior.
That’s right, the Alpha platform is forged from a unobtainium and was engineered with divine inspiration while the S550 is simply pot metal pieced together by pimply-faced adolescents in shop class.

Get real, you can give no data to support the claim that the Camaro has a better chassis, you just simply regurgitate what you’ve heard elsewhere. Give it some support from an engineering perspective and then maybe we can debate the particulars. Until then, stop being so butt-hurt about the Camaro playing second-fiddle to the Mustang in the hearts and minds of both the general public and automotive enthusiasts.

Again, we don’t even know if a GT500 is coming and, even if it does, if it offers a more rounded driving experience while conceding performance metrics to the one-trick ZL1 1LE, I’m fine with that.

Last edited:

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
stop being so butt-hurt about the Camaro playing second-fiddle to the Mustang in the hearts and minds of both the general public and automotive enthusiasts.
The General Public is generally morons.

And Enthusiasts know the Gen 6 Camaro platform is miles ahead of the S550 platform.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
“High revving DOHC engines are for posers who want to FEEL like they're going fast”

I wish this section would get cleaned out at least.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The regular SS has Magneride, a lighter chassis, coolers, and an E-LSD. The 2018 GT only has Magneride.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You guys are such pussies. Buy a track car then complain that the suspension is too stiff? Give me a break.

Is that gonna be the excuse if somehow the GT500 doesn't end up being faster than the ZL1 1LE?
Do you own a ZL1 1LE? Do you have a brand new car you use for track only? How many people in your neighborhood do? Do they all (and you) deserve to have their manliness called into question along with me?

I think GM built a car that looks good on paper but is not very useful in the real world. You don't have much of a counter argument if your only comeback is calling me a name. :)

4 model years? I think you mean 3. Wasn't it a 2015 that came out in late 2015? Pretty sure.

The GT350 came out 2 years before the ZL1 1LE., which arrived in 2017.

Somehow it's 4 years now.
I admit I was stretching it, but the GT350 came out as a 2015 model year and the 2019s are extremely close now. Whether it's 3 or 4 model years, it's still the old Ford beating the brand new Chevy.

Yes the ZL1 1LE was rushed out by GM to try to prop up lagging Camaro sales. Too bad it hasn't worked. Maybe if they had taken the time to create a better car it would have helped.

LoL :lol:
:lol:

I agree that the ZL1 1LE has an inferior chassis. That is why GM has to go with stiffer suspension, extremely sticky tires, huge ugly aero components and more power to compete with Ford. Too bad the Camaro doesn't have a better chassis that can have a more compliant suspension and still beat the Mustang. But GM still is taking shortcuts rather than coming up with better solutions.

Sponsored
OP
OP
garagelogic

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The General Public is generally morons.

And Enthusiasts know the Gen 6 Camaro platform is miles ahead of the S550 platform.
Yet here you are. If a given product is truly “miles ahead” of another, it really doesn’t need anyone to defend it or cheerlead for it. Despite your belief that the Camaro is a “better” product than the Mustang, the Camaro continues to be the “other pony car”. I can see that reality really gets under your skin.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I agree that the ZL1 1LE has an inferior chassis. That is why GM has to go with stiffer suspension, extremely sticky tires, huge ugly aero components and more power to compete with Ford. Too bad the Camaro doesn't have a better chassis that can have a more compliant suspension and still beat the Mustang. But GM still is taking shortcuts rather than coming up with better solutions.
So if a car has sticky tires, stiff suspension, aero, and power, it automatically has an inferior chassis?:lol:

Can someone tell the Viper ACR it has an inferior chassis to almost every supercar ever made?

It will be interesting to see a head to head on a 2018 GT vs 2018 SS. Both with Magneride and similar tires.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Do you own a ZL1 1LE? Do you have a brand new car you use for track only? How many people in your neighborhood do? Do they all (and you) deserve to have their manliness called into question along with me?

I think GM built a car that looks good on paper but is not very useful in the real world. You don't have much of a counter argument if your only comeback is calling me a name. :)

I admit I was stretching it, but the GT350 came out as a 2015 model year and the 2019s are extremely close now. Whether it's 3 or 4 model years, it's still the old Ford beating the brand new Chevy.

Yes the ZL1 1LE was rushed out by GM to try to prop up lagging Camaro sales. Too bad it hasn't worked. Maybe if they had taken the time to create a better car it would have helped.

:lol:

WRONG! The Camaro is selling 30,000 cars a month. The numbers you see are #fakenews

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So if a car has sticky tires, stiff suspension, aero, and power, it automatically has an inferior chassis?:lol:
If a car has a superior chassis it can perform better without having to have suspension so stiff as to be difficult to live with.

I don't think the Camaro actually has a superior chassis. I haven't seen any evidence to convince me there is anything better about the Camaro chassis versus that of the Mustang.

Can you give me any info that demonstrates undoubtably the chassis is better on the Camaro? Anything other than a statement from the manufacturer or word of mouth?

OP
OP
garagelogic

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It will be interesting to see a head to head on a 2018 GT vs 2018 SS. Both with Magneride and similar tires.
I’m guessing the SS beats the GT in most of the performance metrics and that would not bother me in the slightest. I buy my vehicles based on my driving experience in them, not on a bunch of published metrics.

I bought, tracked and daily drove my GT350R for 18K miles and it offered great performance but, truth be told, I find my Raptor to be more enjoyable to drive.
Sponsored