Sponsored

winter washing for ceramic coated vehicle

Eyeguy05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Lightening Blue
how is everyone keeping their ceramic coated cars clean during the winter? its too cold to wash it by hand, plus my hoses are disconnected and water shut off.
i was told to use ph neutral soap to help the coating last longer. ill probably run it through a touchless carwash once a month.
Sponsored

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I was told to use an extra half dose of carpro reset. Im in NY and i just pick the rare day it hits 50 and wash it then, then i pray it will not snow or get salted any time soon. If the house hoses are off then you may need to find a spot and pay

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
Mine sits in the garage uncovered and collects dust but I plan on doing an ech20 water less wash or an Optimum no-rinse wash using the 2 bucket method. For me, it's just dust, for others that may DD theirs and have to worry about salt, you may just have to wait for those fair-weather days or take it to a brushelss wash or a carwash with a pressure washer.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
how is everyone keeping their ceramic coated cars clean during the winter? its too cold to wash it by hand, plus my hoses are disconnected and water shut off.
i was told to use ph neutral soap to help the coating last longer. ill probably run it through a touchless carwash once a month.
My father in law has his Vette Opti coated, my Mustang is coated with CQuartz.
He waited a little longer to put his away this winter and it needs to be washed.

Him-Just took my car to the touchless car wash looks great!

Me- You can't do that, it's like an acid bath.

Him- They told me this stuff could withstand nuclear fall out but I can't take it to the car was every once in a while?

Me- Point well taken

I can't see a touchless car wash once a month hurting anything if the car is really dirty. You can always hit the vehicle with reload once its done. If the car isnt that dirty a rinseless wash is great. Echo2 is a good product for this because you can use it has a quick detailer, waterless wash, and rinseless wash.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I had mine washed today but the half mile drive home has it all spritzed up again. I dont think there is a way to beat the winter for a DD, but we should be good as long as it doesnt sit for too long.

Sponsored

Boosted5.0_NY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium w/ Performance Package
My father in law has his Vette Opti coated, my Mustang is coated with CQuartz.
He waited a little longer to put his away this winter and it needs to be washed.

Him-Just took my car to the touchless car wash looks great!

Me- You can't do that, it's like an acid bath.

Him- They told me this stuff could withstand nuclear fall out but I can't take it to the car was every once in a while?

Me- Point well taken

I can't see a touchless car wash once a month hurting anything if the car is really dirty. You can always hit the vehicle with reload once its done. If the car isnt that dirty a rinseless wash is great. Echo2 is a good product for this because you can use it has a quick detailer, waterless wash, and rinseless wash.
I'm looking into paint correction and CQuartz coating, I see you're in CT and was wondering where you had it done? I live in Putnam County NY... Thanks.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking into paint correction and CQuartz coating, I see you're in CT and was wondering where you had it done? I live in Putnam County NY... Thanks.

I am in the central part of the state. I only use Get in Auto Detail out of Southington. He has done 3 cars for the family...coating/Xpel/ETC.

Americo is very involved in the industry, so even if he is too far for you I am sure he can recommend someone closer. The shop number is below if you would like his cell phone # shoot me a PM.

Get in Auto Detail
(203) 437-1645

Boosted5.0_NY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium w/ Performance Package
I am in the central part of the state. I only use Get in Auto Detail out of Southington. He has done 3 cars for the family...coating/Xpel/ETC.

Americo is very involved in the industry, so even if he is too far for you I am sure he can recommend someone closer. The shop number is below if you would like his cell phone # shoot me a PM.

Get in Auto Detail
(203) 437-1645
Much appreciated, thanks.

carnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard GT PP Stg 2 Whipped
Darien Detail did a good job on mine. http://dariendetail.com/

Detailers Domain is a great place just across the tap, but he’s been using nanolex. https://www.detailersdomain.com/

I don’t think you can go wrong with either.

I use a bay with carpro if I need to clean in the winter. Hazy water in the buckets had me questioning the water quality. Lol
Sponsored

Last edited: