Mishimoto H-Pipe

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
I have a Mishimoto H-pipe for sale if you are still looking for one...
Sponsored

twistedoctane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Metallic GT Auto
Chiming in a bit late but I’ve got H pipe + stock mufflers/cats and love the sound. Not too loud but a deeper, throaty tone compared to stock.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Chiming in a bit late but I’ve got H pipe + stock mufflers/cats and love the sound. Not too loud but a deeper, throaty tone compared to stock.
I just did mine, I agree, great sound. In the cabin it’s slightly louder, a bit of bum bum bum...it’s definitely louder out back.but a nice deep rumble.

blakedanatural

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 Premium
I got the MRT H pipe with a Magna flow axle back and I love the deep sound. At cold start it is a neighbor waker lol but it idles down . There is a slight drone but nothing that you will regret for installing. Find the set up on youtube and list for your self.

Sponsored

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I just installed the Mishimoto H-pipe today, keeping the rest of the stock exhaust system. The results are exactly what I was hoping for.

Like others have said, it's not much louder, maybe 20%-25%, but the change is a deeper, more bass sound. It's clearly noticeable at start-up and idle. Revving the engine at standstill there is a little bit of raspiness, but no more than stock, and driving with the engine under load I hear no raspiness.

The car now sounds the way I think it should, more of a classic 1960's V8 'rumble'. It seems perfect for daily driving and long trips, definitely not so loud as to become annoying.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I got the MRT H pipe with a Magna flow axle back and I love the deep sound. At cold start it is a neighbor waker lol but it idles down . There is a slight drone but nothing that you will regret for installing. Find the set up on youtube and list for your self.

[MENTION=13032]blakedanatural[/MENTION] ... is your axle back a Competition by chance? I've got that set up but with the stock resonator. Thinking about getting a H-pipe as well.

If it is a Comp a/back, I assume you prefer the H-pipe sound over the stock res?

Btw, if anyone has 1 of the longer H-pipe's for sale (34") send me a PM.

I've already got a cut from my experiment with the Magnaflow resonated x-pipe and it's cut at about that length already.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I will be installing my Mishimoto H-pipe soon.. But I also have a Roush axle back coming too.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I will be installing my Mishimoto H-pipe soon.. But I also have a Roush axle back coming too.
Are you going to install them both at the same time or maybe do the Roush first, drive it that way for a week or so, and then the H-Pipe?

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Are you going to install them both at the same time or maybe do the Roush first, drive it that way for a week or so, and then the H-Pipe?
I kinda like killing two birds with one stone. lol

The exhaust shop I always go to is only open M-F and I work M-F. So it's hard for me too get there. So I will probably do both at one time.
I am curious to hear what it sounds like with just a H-pipe though.

Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Just an H-pipe will make the car louder, but not loud. When I had just the H-pipe I thought it sounded more like it should have from the factory. I have since added GT500 mufflers and now it sounds perfect...louder and deeper.

blakedanatural

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 Premium
Hey mine is just the magna flow axle back with the MRT h pipe. It is a nice deep old school sound. Its moderately loud with a cold start and a little drone. I just wanted to see if anybody added corsa long tube to this set up

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Anyone else have problems with the Clamps not holding the exhast tight enough, allowing the back section of pipe to rotate and make the slash cuts on the tips twist?? My mufflers are not parallel to ground, and my tips are twisted. I tried other clamps and a second set from Mishimoto, I am wondering if pipe diameter is off by a few hundreds....maybe time to have it welded in...
Sponsored