Sponsored

Another 2018 GT AutoMag PP first drag

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Went to Sonoma Raceway tonight. Density altitude was 425. 100% factory car with 3600 miles. Best run was 12.3@116. I just couldn’t put down a clean run. Wheel hop ruined all but the first pass.

P1- [email protected] Drag mode, Sport mode, traction control off, and 5000 RPM burnout. Left the line @ 1500. No wheel spin and soft shifts.

P2- [email protected] Drag mode, Drive mode, Advancetrac off, and 5000 RPM burnout. Left the line @ 1500. Lots of wheel spin, wheel hop through third, and hard shifts.

P3- [email protected] Drag mode, Drive mode, Advancetrac off, and no burnout. Left the line @ 1500. Tires up in smoke, wheel hopped through second until the engine shut down, and hard shifts.

P4- [email protected] Drag mode, Drive mode, Advancetrac off, and 5000 RPM burnout. Left the line off idle. Lots of wheel spin, wheel hop through third, and hard shifts.

I’m not going back until after I throw BMR parts in the rear.

Cheers,
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I think a better set of tires would be best buy thats just my opinion

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
seems like bad track prep if youre sending the MPS4S up in smoke with an all stock car.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
So are you allowing the car to hop through the gears or is it just a little bit...

OP
OP
Hivel

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Tommy V>> I think a better set of tires would be best buy thats just my opinion
Yes, the factory MPS4S tires couldn’t hook up my heavy GT premium. There was a 2018 300a GT A10 with BMR, Hoosiers, X-pipe, JLT, tune, and E85. He was consistently running 11.5@121.

Angry50>> seems like bad track prep if youre sending the MPS4S up in smoke with an all stock car.
Yep, I was at the back of the “street class” line. They did mop the lanes every time; but, I couldn’t figure out how to stick the tires. I'll air down to 27 PSI next time.

wildcatgoal>> So are you allowing the car to hop through the gears or is it just a little bit...
I'm embarrassed to say I let it hop...These were my first passes in the new car. So, I was pushing it too hard; while trying different things. That wasn't a good thing to do. But, I was frustrated and kept hoping the hop would stop. The BMR parts should fix it.

Cheers,

Sponsored

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
I hope you let air out of tires......... :) or at least rear ones

OP
OP
Hivel

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I hope you let air out of tires......... :) or at least rear ones
Yes. But, Maybe not enough air out. I ran with 30 PSI (hot) in the rear and 35 PSI (cold) in the front. Next time I will run 27 PSI in the rear. After making 3 passes in a row with terrible wheel hop; I figured the hop wasn’t going away on its own. Just didn’t want to damage the car anymore than I already had. We’ll see what if I broke anything when the BMR lock-out, vertical links, and carrier locks are installed.

Cheers,

5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT A10 401a 2017 Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. But, Maybe not enough air out. I ran with 30 PSI (hot) in the rear and 35 PSI (cold) in the front. Next time I will run 27 PSI in the rear. After making 3 passes in a row with terrible wheel hop; I figured the hop wasn’t going away on its own. Just didn’t want to damage the car anymore than I already had. We’ll see what if I broke anything when the BMR lock-out, vertical links, and carrier locks are installed.

Cheers,
I'm going back to Sac Raceway the 20 for wed night drags to give it a try in drag mode since i didn't get drag mode to work last time out. just an fyi in case you want to join. But i went for fast fords a couple weeks ago at Sacramento raceway and da was 1k 80 plus degrees best of 12.26 @115mph with a 1.90xx 60 with 25 psi in the rear pilot super sports. I felt i had great luck with traction that day but they were prepping it. hoping to get into the 11's before i intake and E85 tune it. :cheers: but we will see , being that I'm trying to go on a wed night drags day...
which track were you at when you ran?

OP
OP
Hivel

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
i didn't get drag mode to work last time out.
which track were you at when you ran?
I went to Sonoma Raceway. I’m in Santa Rosa and it’s easy to get to. I’ve got a pile of parts to install before I run again. Maybe I’ll be ready in about three weeks.

The shifts were awesome when I put the shifter in D and disable AdvanceTrac after selecting Drag mode. If I put the shifter in S; the shifts are soft.

The guy with the 2018 300a running 11.5@121 said his car is faster at Sacramento. Even though The air is worse in Sacramento. I guess the Sacramento track is prepped better.

Cheers,

5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT A10 401a 2017 Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
I went to Sonoma Raceway. I’m in Santa Rosa and it’s easy to get to. I’ve got a pile of parts to install before I run again. Maybe I’ll be ready in about three weeks.

The shifts were awesome when I put the shifter in D and disable AdvanceTrac after selecting Drag mode. If I put the shifter in S; the shifts are soft.

The guy with the 2018 300a running 11.5@121 said his car is faster at Sacramento. Even though The air is worse in Sacramento. I guess the Sacramento track is prepped better.

Cheers,
Yes he told
Me
That and people have said that for years which is why ive never been to sonoma. But he is also e85 tuned

Sponsored

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
at least down to 25 ...I ended up driving to work on 25vpsi ad didn't realize I forgot until I was at work for hours it helps a ton and put 50 + in front hell the mich's are rated to 50

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
U can put all the suspension stuff in the catalog on.that car and if u dont have the right tire it will still wheel hop.With the your car being stock im telling u if u put a good radial on that car your wheel hop will be all but gone.You have good stock tires and they are righy at the point wheir they can almost get the power down,but not quite and thats what is causing your wheel hop.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
U can put all the suspension stuff in the catalog on.that car and if u dont have the right tire it will still wheel hop.With the your car being stock im telling u if u put a good radial on that car your wheel hop will be all but gone.You have good stock tires and they are righy at the point wheir they can almost get the power down,but not quite and thats what is causing your wheel hop.
Tommy, is there a tire that is suitable for daily driving and some drag racing that minimizes or eliminates wheel hop? What do you recommend?

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Tommy, is there a tire that is suitable for daily driving and some drag racing that minimizes or eliminates wheel hop? What do you recommend?
For your setup the way your car is now,i would run the nitto 555r,will give u good traction at the track and on the street and they are pretty good in the rain for a drag radial.The 555r's not the regular 555.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
What size would you recommend?
Sponsored