Sponsored

Armor All: what's the verdict?

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Haven't applied Armor All on the interior plastic yet...and wondering if I should. The car lives outdoors.

Been a few years since the 1980's, and I'm wondering if there's something better out there now (that contributes less to plasticizer haze on the inside of the windows...). I haven't seen a cracked dash in a long time, either, seems as if the manufacturers are making the dashboards better :clap2:
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
hellllllllllllllll no

and you don't need to apply anything to the interior, just use an interior cleaner to clean it. I use chemical guys all purpose cleaner diluted like 30:1. Before that it was meguairs interior spray cleaner but never ever armor all.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
^^^ X2 !

sese

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Yes, what Khyber said ;)

PrabhtheStig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR 2015 GT Premium Auto, 3.55, nav, premiers trim
I use meguiars. The interior detailer leaves no shine and just cleans. That's the way I personally feel looks best

Sponsored

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Everyone will say no, but as long as you buff it down, it's not going to hurt anything. I wouldn't buy Armor All but I would finish up a bottle before buying something else, if I had some.

I like Meguiar's leather spray, sprayed onto a towel and buffed down after application. It deepens the black of the leather, isn't greasy, and looks fantastic.

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
Dont use armor all, it is sooo greasy. The suggestions above are good, I have also had good luck with Griot's Garage Interior cleaner and Meguiar's. Get a cleaner that doesn't add a shine/grease.

sese

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Armor All is good for tires and for black exterior trim, since it shines like crazy. Being in Florida I hate shiny interiors, since it always reflects the sunlight and irritates me while driving.

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I love the Armor All wipes because they dont have any lint. After I apply the Armor All I go over it with a clean microfiber towel. I've been doing this for the better part of 15-20 years now and have never had a problem.

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
For tire & trim condition without the shinny/greasy look/feel. Chemical Guys TVD10716 V.R.P. Super Shine Dressing - 16 oz

For cleaning that leaves a natural appearance without the shinny/greasy look/feel. Chemical Guys SPI993 Nonsense Colorless and Odorless All Surface Cleaner - 1 gal.

I've used many different products over the last 40+ years and these are my favorite. I buy them thru Amazon

Here's what you get after applying Chemical Guys TVD10716 V.R.P. Super Shine Dressing on a tire

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Armor alls new matte interior cleaner and protectant is actually pretty good. It doesn't leave a greasy shine and it cleans as good as the wipes. I really like it.

Also the new formulas don't destroy dashboards like the old rumor has it. If they did a lot of my cars would've had cracked dashes

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
For tire & trim condition without the shinny/greasy look/feel. Chemical Guys TVD10716 V.R.P. Super Shine Dressing - 16 oz

For cleaning that leaves a natural appearance without the shinny/greasy look/feel. Chemical Guys SPI993 Nonsense Colorless and Odorless All Surface Cleaner - 1 gal.

I've used many different products over the last 40+ years and these are my favorite. I buy them thru Amazon

Here's what you get after applying Chemical Guys TVD10716 V.R.P. Super Shine Dressing on a tire
That comes out very nice.

OP
OP
ElAviator72

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Also the new formulas don't destroy dashboards like the old rumor has it. If they did a lot of my cars would've had cracked dashes

I was born and raised in the Southwestern USA. It was instilled upon my brain (by my late dad, a car affecionado extrodinaire who owned some rare stuff), that Armor All is how you protect dashboards and interior plastic from sun damage. I can say that none of our family cars ever suffered a cracked dash due to Armor All usage.

Ironically, the one car whose dash did crack (my '84 T-Bird, which lasted from the day I turned 16 until my Sophomore year of college for me) did so after I put a mail order custom carpet dashboard protector on it (it lead a rough life, started out as a rental car, and when my folks bought it 1 year old, it already had some sun damage to the dash!).

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
If sun damage is what you're worried about, buy a custom fit windshield sun shade. Keeps the sun out and the car cooler.

sjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
I highly recommend Aerospace 303. Safe for all plastics and rubber parts. Great UV protection.

Sponsored