Sponsored

Official 6G Shift knob pics thread

19 Kilo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Metallic
How bad does the shifter rattles with the reverse lock out? My guess is with aftermarket metal shifter knobs the reverse lock out chrome piece might touch each other and cause a rattle! Anyone having this issue?
I haven't had any issues with the Lathe Werks knob I have. It screwed down to the right height almost perfectly and just needed a little tug with a strap wrench to line up the engraving.

No rattle at all.
Sponsored

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
My Lathe werks knob is perfect too, I love it!

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Went with the rally stripe with pony from American Muscle. It's manufactured by Epco. It's bigger but lighter than stock. Feels better in my hand. The only thing I don't like is the stripes are slightly offset to the left side. We'll see if that bothers me too much...

Boff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 401a Race Red
How bad does the shifter rattles with the reverse lock out? My guess is with aftermarket metal shifter knobs the reverse lock out chrome piece might touch each other and cause a rattle! Anyone having this issue?
I have the Slammer version of this knob from Raceseng. Very similar design at the bottom. No rattle at all. But the lovely stainless steel does show up how chintzy the plastichrome on and around the shifter is...:ford:

OLDFLM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
LOVE mine... no rattles at all!

LOVE mine... no rattles at all! F

Feels great in my hand... heavier than stock.

Breedt Product Design Shift Knobs come in red, blue, black, or clear as pictured. They are made from 7075 aluminum and can be ordered either bare or with shift pattern.

Price is $65 or they can do any custom engraving for $120.

Email Craig (Zakspeed) at [email protected] to order.

After speaking with Craig about what I wanted, I chose their round clear knob:

I love overall size of their cleared and engraved knob compared to the stock knob:

The added height feels more "ergonomically" correct when shifting:

Not to mention it gives you "something to hold on to" during spirited driving!

As everyone pretty well knows, the stock knob weighs roughly 140g:

I knew from past experience and from reading on here that I wanted something heavier and the Breedt Product Design Shift Knob delivers at 190g:

It not only looks great but fits the palm of your hand perfectly!

It just has a MUCH better feel than the small stock knob when rowing through the gears!

After showing it off on my desk, I've been driving with it for a few days and I can't believe how much smoother the shifts are now!

SO much better than stock!! I was skeptical, but this easy mod made a HUGE difference!

I think their cleared knob matches the interior and dash of the S550 perfectly!

The brushed/cleared aluminum adds a very classy/upscale feel and you never have to worry about it cracking or breaking like some of the plastic knobs...

Price is $65 or they can do any custom engraving for $120.

Email Craig (Zakspeed) at [email protected] to order.

Sponsored

black1985gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT premium
Here is my knob. I made it myself in the machine shop at work and have had it mounted for two months or so now. It's 7075 T6 aluminum with a tungsten steel insert for weight. I don't recall the exact weight off hand but if I remember correctly it was somewhere around 600 grams. It sits a little higher than I would like so I'm debating trimming down the tungsten so it sits a bit lower. I also debated having a local engraving company put the shift pattern on it but haven't made a decision one way or the other yet.

ied0135

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB EB PP MT
Raceseng Ashiko translucent blue to match my DIB. 675 grams of awesome. I love the weight, the color, and the engraved shift pattern. Came with an adapter that fit perfectly, no grinding or clanking, and the reverse lockout works perfect.

This was replacing my old aftermarket knob, so no comparrison to the stock knob. It's definitely much larger though. Yes, it was way too expensive.

Here's to hoping I don't burn the shit out my myself come summer in Texas (I definitely will).

Last edited:

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
I have both a lathewerks and Raceseng knob and neither one rattles.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Here is my knob. I made it myself in the machine shop at work and have had it mounted for two months or so now. It's 7075 T6 aluminum with a tungsten steel insert for weight. I don't recall the exact weight off hand but if I remember correctly it was somewhere around 600 grams. It sits a little higher than I would like so I'm debating trimming down the tungsten so it sits a bit lower. I also debated having a local engraving company put the shift pattern on it but haven't made a decision one way or the other yet.

Dude thats sweet! How much could you make one for?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sponsored

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Raceseng Ashiko translucent blue to match my DIB. 675 grams of awesome. I love the weight, the color, and the engraved shift pattern. Came with an adapter that fit perfectly, no grinding or clanking, and the reverse lockout works perfect.

This was replacing my old aftermarket knob, so no comparrison to the stock knob. It's definitely much larger though. Yes, it was way too expensive.

Here's to hoping I don't burn the shit out my myself come summer in Texas (I definitely will.)

Howd you do the blue trim around the radio?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ied0135

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB EB PP MT

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150

mSTANG_1

No Limit
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Wish someone made someone made some cool shift knobs for the automatic.
Sponsored