Sponsored

Vargas Stage 2 Owners

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Get a cement mixing tub from home depot, jack up the car about 3 or 4 inches on the passenger side so you can get the drain pan under the car. I have had my turbo on / off many many times, still have the stock gaskets, you dont need to replace them unless you really want to. Its an easy job, take your time, and always double check yourself.
I have an oil pan. I can use that.

I need to drain the coolant and cap the oil line when I remove the turbo?
Sponsored

juan_tony1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
ECO DIB TANG
120 MPH! That's like 504hp @ 3785 lbs, Awesome man!
504 would be awesome but its going to be more like 400-430 depending on everyones setup

juan_tony1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
ECO DIB TANG
All you guys getting ready to recieve yours and im here wishing for tracking info

juan_tony1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
ECO DIB TANG

Sponsored

OP
OP

illeagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium/PP
I got it all bolted up last night. I'm having issues getting my downpipe to seal again. I have a few more things to do but should be logging this afternoon. Install went pretty smooth. I highly suggest clamping off your coolant lines as suggested earlier.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
How about some numbers? Or reviews? People who have installed there's?? Been long enough no?

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
How about some numbers? Or reviews? People who have installed there's?? Been long enough no?
I wouldnt post a review until a month or so after the car is tuned. It take sometime to see advantage and disadvantage.

Fast64ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
63 Ranchero, 1972 Pinto, 2015 Mustang
The Vargas completely changes the car. Gone is the fast spool and instant boost, huge low and mid range torque and power.
The Vargas moves the power to the mid and top.
Stock turbo is capable of full boost at 2,800 rpm.
The VS2 makes the following, 2800=3 psi 3,000=6psi 3250=17psi 3500=17psi 3750=21 and full spool comes in at 4100.
Kinda strange but I can launch my car faster with the VS2, it is easier to slip boost the clutch with the VS2 (for me anyway)
Now IMO the stock turbo on my MT car will out ET the VS2 because of the boost drop between gears, remember I'm a manual tranny car. I really have to be on my game to keep any boost when shifting (flat foot shifting and I'm pretty good at it). Auto trans will be a different story.
This is just my opinion, and I admit there is more in the turbo but I'm out of fuel.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
The Vargas completely changes the car. Gone is the fast spool and instant boost, huge low and mid range torque and power.
The VS2 makes the following, 2800=3 psi 3,000=6psi 3250=17psi 3500=17psi 3750=21 and full spool comes in at 4100.
Kinda strange but I can launch my car faster with the VS2, it is easier to slip boost the clutch with the VS2 (for me anyway)
Now IMO the stock turbo on my MT car will out ET the VS2 because of the boost drop between gears, remember I'm a manual tranny car. I really have to be on my game to keep any boost when shifting (flat foot shifting and I'm pretty good at it). Auto trans will be a different story.
This is just my opinion, and I admit there is more in the turbo but I'm out of fuel.

Thank you so much!!!! Great opinion and makes me feel even better, now I knkw I want Adams garret turbo kit for sure!!

Sponsored

Fast64ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
63 Ranchero, 1972 Pinto, 2015 Mustang
Thank you so much!!!! Great opinion and makes me feel even better, now I knkw I want Adams garret turbo kit for sure!!
I think the VS2 in an auto car with a convertor will really run hard for the money spent. I also think my car is getting better MPG with it. I'm not bad mouthing it at all, I wish I had the fuel sustem to support and really test it on my ported head engine. The power comes on smooth and is easy to control and pulls to my rev limiter.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I think the VS2 in an auto car with a convertor will really run hard for the money spent. I also think my car is getting better MPG with it. I'm not bad mouthing it at all, I wish I had the fuel sustem to support and really test it on my ported head engine. The power comes on smooth and is easy to control and pulls to my rev limiter.
No! I didn't say or think you were! It's just not what I want, I have the 6mt and I want what Scott Wildon has!!!! He just posted graphs by the way 400/400 actually over on both,,with close to factory spool

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
So it essentially comes on very much like my Precision 5862 it starts a little later starts building boost about 3200 but full spool up is like 4k @24/25psi

As far as your out of fuel issue, what PSI are you running out of fuel? Just curious, I was just kind of tapping out at 27 PSI but it was at an odd RPM like it would blip only a small AFR number around 3k - 3.3k. (mind you different turbo setups and I would assume mods as well.)

OP
OP

illeagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium/PP
This is only my first revision on 93, but I am hitting 5psi @ 2700rpm, 10psi @ 3100rpm and 15psi @ 3600rpm. The car definitely has a different tone to it now. I have MAP catless downpipe with stock exhaust. It honestly sounds pretty good.

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
nice... that is what I would like turbo that makes power up top to redline. I just love stalled Autos.
Sponsored