Sponsored

Stripe bubble

blondie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6
looks like you would have to heat it up and lift that whole corner then stick it all back down. does the dealer handle these sorts of things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
If you heat it and pull it up, you may stretch the edge just enough so it won't line up right. Get the dealer to replace it.

Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
thats clearly not installed properly in the first place

TORQUEJUNKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche Gray Track Pack
Maybe you can take it to a vinyl shop and they would fix it in two minutes, easy job for them. I couldn't see it costing more than $20. You could then try and make Ford foot the bill. I wouldn't have the dealer touch it.

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
I would heat up about a foot area with a hair dryer or gentle with a heat gun, push it down flat then massage the whole area along the stripe really gentle with a microfiber.
heat makes most vinyl shrink up and massaging it a little might disperse some of the tension. Just make sure you don't break the adhesive loose

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Yeah you can try the heat gun trick like others have suggested, but it may already have too much dirt that's worked its way under that bubble to ever get it to stick good. Definitely worth a try, but don't get it too hot.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mustang_Scotty

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
I would heat up about a foot area with a hair dryer or gentle with a heat gun, push it down flat then massage the whole area along the stripe really gentle with a microfiber.
heat makes most vinyl shrink up and massaging it a little might disperse some of the tension. Just make sure you don't break the adhesive loose
That's what I was thinking also. But should I get a toothpick or something and put a tiny drop of adhesive under it before?

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
If you want to do it yourself (I wouldn't), then use a Micrometer Gage to measure the gap at both ends. If they don't match-up, then you should be able to heat up the lower part, below the bubble and gap, and re-apply it.

Measure gap at left red arrow and right red arrow below:

measure

Better yet... take it to a vinyl/wrap shop as others mentioned.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Better yet... take it to a vinyl/wrap shop as others mentioned.
+1 ... let a vinyl pro handle it. You could talk to your dealer and see if they would order a new strip under warranty, and then have them pay for a pro to install the new stripe.

As others mentioned, I think there will be too much crud under the gap to save the old one ... but can't hurt to try first.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I would be so pissed :mad:
Vinyl issues are maddening but that is the sloppiest job I have ever seen. :tsk:
Ford will cover it but what a pita.

OP
OP
Mustang_Scotty

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
It's bad but it's really small. It looks big because I zoomed. You know how tiny the end stripe is, but sloppy just as well. I'm going to try and get it down in the morning.
Sponsored