Sponsored

Wheels and tires for a perf pack 2 car

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Replied to your PM Wade, but I will post it here for others as well. I initially pulled this setup from the 19x11 squared thread and it has worked great for me both on the street and on track.

I run the SVE 350 19x11 wheels all around with 305/30 RS4s (I previously used 295/30 Michelin PS4S). No significant rubbing issues at all cornering at 1.2g+. I did rub just a tad at full steering lock with the inner fender liner so I just cut away the violating portion of the liner and all was good after that. Hardly a concern.

I run 20mm spacers from Optimum Performance, 3" ARP studs up front, and open ended lugs from Gorilla. With -2.5 camber up front the tire sits nicely within the fender. If you plan to run factory camber specs up front the tire will poke, probably to the extent that the factory PP2 tires poke up front.

This pic somewhat shows the how the tire sits within the fender with my setup...

42107980851_748afcda98_b.jpg

Links to what I have for my setup to get the SVE 350 19x11 wheel squared:

studs (1" longer) - https://www.opmustang.com/store/p99/...__Mustang.html
20mm wheel spacers - https://www.opmustang.com/store/p215...r_-_Pair_.html
Open ended lug nuts (14mm x 1.5) - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edit: you beat me to it Wade!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Wade88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prospective '19 Perf Pack 2 GT
Thank you administrator for moving this thread to the relevant section.

Asked dealer about this, they say it'll void the bumper to bumper lol. Like I said they are helplessly illiterate so I guess I'll be buying from the one a few miles down the Interstate. Thanks, y'all.

Last edited:

jenksdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium

Asked dealer about this, they say it'll void the bumper to bumper lol. Like I said they are helplessly illiterate so I guess I'll be buying from the one a few miles down the Interstate. Thanks, y'all.
I would never do business with that dealer if there was even a hint of seriousness.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

I would not buy from that dealer.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Say WHAT? Void the BtB?

C'mon now, for what, installing 4 rims of the same size, spacers and studs??

Yea, find a different Dealership.

Sponsored

Tacostrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Roushcharged gt premium PP
I really don’t understand what’s going on here. If you don’t like the staggered wheel setup then get the correct wheels and corresponding tires. Why muck around with spacers and studs on a new car? You don’t plan on tracking it so why use a setup designed to cram way more tire under the front than you will ever need.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Where did he say he wouldn't track the car? He wants to be able to keep the same 305 SC2 tires all around but have a square, fully rotatable setup. I am going out on a limb saying that he likes the PP2 wheels, so the best way to achieve his goal is PP2 rear wheels on the front too, with spacers and extended studs. Leave the dude alone and let him choose what he wants.

Tacostrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where did he say he wouldn't track the car? He wants to be able to keep the same 305 SC2 tires all around but have a square, fully rotatable setup. I am going out on a limb saying that he likes the PP2 wheels, so the best way to achieve his goal is PP2 rear wheels on the front too, with spacers and extended studs. Leave the dude alone and let him choose what he wants.
That’s all fine and dandy but he didn’t start this thread acting like he knew what he wanted.

And post #11 The nearest track facilities are quite some distance away. I'm not interested in drag racing at all, and that is the only nearby option (8th mile). I reckon it'll take at least a couple of years to eat the OEM tires up but I'm a picky bastard about tires, they might only last a few tanks of gas; it is hard to tell until I try them.

Doesn’t sound like a track hound to me. It’s his car and he can do what he wants but it just seems like a silly way to be able to rotate his tires like it says in the first post.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Well if he really has no track intentions I'd say he'd be much better off with a Magneride PP1 and save some money. That package is a complete waste over the PP1 if you don't track the car.

OP
OP

Wade88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y'all can think what you want but the thing is it's not your money and I can do what I want. Car will be here in a couple of months.I had a pretty specific question that had no bearing whatsoever on the packages only wheel fitment... Way to go off-topic.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Y'all can think what you want but the thing is it's not your money and I can do what I want. Car will be here in a couple of months.I had a pretty specific question that had no bearing whatsoever on the packages only wheel fitment... Way to go off-topic.
I completely agree that you should do what you want to do. That was my original point. Glad I could help you with figuring out the fitment issue.

OP
OP

Wade88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll try out COTA as it's the closest circuit to me by a good margin but it's reputed to be pretty expensive and it remains to be seen if I derive enough pleasure via flogging my ~$45,000 car around a track while laying waste to $400 a pop tires like it's going out of style in addition to paying the fees. We will certainly find out. There is pretty healthy autocross community around here but I'm not sure how many participants are around for whatever class this thing fits into.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'll try out COTA as it's the closest circuit to me by a good margin but it's reputed to be pretty expensive and it remains to be seen if I derive enough pleasure via flogging my ~$45,000 car around a track while laying waste to $400 a pop tires like it's going out of style in addition to paying the fees. We will certainly find out. There is pretty healthy autocross community around here but I'm not sure how many participants are around for whatever class this thing fits into.
Well having partaken in a track day at COTA a couple months ago, it was AWESOME. The track is incredible as will be the car. Even if you only do one a year in addition to autocross, it'd be worth it IMO.

It looks like the PP2 will be in AS, so it should have a healthy field of competition (mostly Corvette and 1LE Camaro). The only issue is that you'll need a 200TW tire to run in that class (RE71Rs are the best). Also you have to stick with stock wheels (wheel size at least) to stay in AS. If you want to run what you're planning on, STP or CAM-C, which honestly isn't really a penalty (index for either is nearly identical to AS).

This stuff is expensive but man is it fun. First autocross of the year for me tomorrow :headbang:.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
The one thing I was looking forward to was having a staggered wheel/tire setup. But that is me.

Tacostrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The one thing I was looking forward to was having a staggered wheel/tire setup. But that is me.
Way to shit on the thread. Must be all that coal dust eh wade?
Sponsored