Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid

RogerS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I removed the lights and loosened the mount screws that were accessible and pulled up and tightened. Then I put a '3/16 shim' on top the mount, in between the bumper plastic and mount. Should help with holding it up. So far so good.
Know it's been awhile since your post but how has this fix held up for you?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
looks ok. i needed to be able to get to last bolt that held on the black bracket, but it's too far behind the panel to access. one might be able to get to it with a very thin, long wrench. the way I did it helped and hasn't sagged anymore. just not all the way up to begin with.

RogerS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Thanks for the reply. I am going to attempt the fix rather than send it in for the TSB. Nice to have body shop friends.

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
I may be wrong but I believe later on this guy posted that it came back so he was going to just leave it alone and live with it.

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
Geeeze....was reading through this thread and I thought I would look closely at my car. Well the gap is at 1/8" right now. I know it wasn't that noticeable the first couple years I had it but didn't pay that much attention to it. I'm thinking it will only get worse over time so I'm going to call up the dealer and let him know I'm bringing it in for this fix (TSB 18-2107). I'm close to being out of warranty on this thing and don't want to have to deal with it when its super noticeable. Many thanks to those who posted all the pics on here and the info on the TSB. :clap:

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Geeeze....was reading through this thread and I thought I would look closely at my car. Well the gap is at 1/8" right now. I know it wasn't that noticeable the first couple years I had it but didn't pay that much attention to it. I'm thinking it will only get worse over time so I'm going to call up the dealer and let him know I'm bringing it in for this fix (TSB 18-2107). I'm close to being out of warranty on this thing and don't want to have to deal with it when its super noticeable. Many thanks to those who posted all the pics on here and the info on the TSB. :clap:
Dealer did mine too, and it did not come back. It's been about 6 months now.

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
Dealer did mine too, and it did not come back. It's been about 6 months now.
Did the dealer have to order some parts to do yours? Mine did so they ordered today so they would be there when I take it in next Monday. Man I'm glad I got to this now because the 3yr warranty is up for me in mid December. Just getting it there in the nick of time. :whew:

Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Did the dealer have to order some parts to do yours? Mine did so they ordered today so they would be there when I take it in next Monday. Man I'm glad I got to this now because the 3yr warranty is up for me in mid December. Just getting it there in the nick of time. :whew:
Yes, they did, but arrived overnight in my case. I still think it's a good thing to do in warranty, depending on how good the dealer is. I did not see any extra scratches and swirls on mine, so they must have taken good care.

Truth be told, I was a bit paranoid, and applied another layer of Cquartz on rear bumper and fenders 2 days before taking it in, just in case...

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is one of the few I've read that the gap was actually fixed under the tsb in the not enough allowable time paid to dealership to do it and it didn't come back in time. Dang wish this place was in southeast Kansas. I've read to many horrible stories that its more of a bandaid fix and will come back or be worse after done to let my local yokels go at it. Congratulations!

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
This is one of the few I've read that the gap was actually fixed under the tsb in the not enough allowable time paid to dealership to do it and it didn't come back in time. Dang wish this place was in southeast Kansas. I've read to many horrible stories that its more of a bandaid fix and will come back or be worse after done to let my local yokels go at it. Congratulations!
Go into the dealership, talk to a service advisor with the TSB in hand, ask to speak with the tech who will work on it.

When you talk to the tech, make sure he knows how important the car is to you. Ask him if he has done the fix before and how well it went. Let him know that you have read it doesn't pay enough to do it right, but you will compensate him with beer/lunch/gift card or whatever if he treats it as if it is his own car.

You might be out $20 but $20 is easy.

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
Yes, they did, but arrived overnight in my case. I still think it's a good thing to do in warranty, depending on how good the dealer is. I did not see any extra scratches and swirls on mine, so they must have taken good care.

Truth be told, I was a bit paranoid, and applied another layer of Cquartz on rear bumper and fenders 2 days before taking it in, just in case...
I think if you have the dealer do it and you have further issues with it after the warranty period is up you've established a problem area and are likely to be able to take it back for further repair. If you do it at home you are stuck fixing it yourself if further issues arise. I hope it comes back in the same condition as taken in except for the gap being fixed. :fingerscrossed:

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can almost guarantee you that more than not the techs only know that it is a GT 350 and wish they had one. Especially where I live that within a radius of several miles none of the Ford dealerships are very large. I was down at the dealership I got mine from the other day and they've had two GT 350's for almost a year and can't sell them. And the service manager that I would have totally trusted when I got mine told them to stick it months ago and left. I don't even know those two yes two techs they have there now. I thought I'd feel out the new service manager and told him I couldn't believe our car takes 10 quarts of oil. His reaction was "really that many thats an awful lot it seems" I said by and ran for the door. So it ain't gonna matter how you treat them with gifts if they have no clue they ain't touching mine. Gaps are no worse than when new, they can just stay that way. If you read the TSB theirs several things they do and it even says it may not improve it. And some service departments will tell you theirs not enough time pay to do it if not gapped really bad. Again glad a good one was found.
Sponsored