Sponsored

Diff Oil, Trans Oil, Oil Pressure Question

No_step_on_snek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I have a couple noob questions.haha

My car is almost done with the brake in period and I was planing on changing the engine oil. At how many miles did you replace the OME Trans and rear Diff fluid?

Also what is the normal oil pressure when the engine is at operating temp? I didn't see it in the owners Manuel. My guess is between 25-50 PSI?
Sponsored

GrabberBootyBlue88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Might be just me, but I didn't read in the manual about any break in fluid replacement or anything. Is this just for owners' peace of mind? Normal engine oil pressure for me after engine start is under 50psi, but higher at startup.

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of ppl changed OEM oil at 1K mi.

Trans & diff fluid change intervals are in the supplement manual I believe.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
According to page 52 of the GT350 Supplemental Manual, you change at 150K miles both the manual transmission fluid and the differential fluid. For any GTs, like me, lurking, it's the same for us. I'd assume EBs and V6 are likely the same.

Many people, myself included change to BG fluids, or some other variant, much more quickly. I'm just getting around to it at 6000 miles. I'm leaving the axel fluid alone.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
When you see how much crap is in the first oil change, I'm inclined to change the tranny and diff fairly early. After that it will depend how you drive it. Heat is the problem, I call the "how hard do you press the pedals". If you always drive like hell change more often. Most of us unless you have some empty canon road to roar on just don't put much strain on this car. Look at your mileage and tire wear, if they are poor change often.