Sponsored

tow bars for Aussie Mustangs?

Jack79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda's
Gunna ruffle some feathers but.....my Mustang is a daily drive, and often I have the need to tow a trailer. It would be really handy to be able to tow a light trailer, not a boat or something huge, but my bike or other light stuff. If the dealers are saying this is OK then might be worth looking into. At the moment I have to take the other half's car when I need to hook up a trailer, and if that is during the week it means she has to take the stang and park it at her work which scares the crap out of me. ( Not her driving it but the work car park bit)

Not everyone want to have to keep a extra car just to tow something occasionally, sorry to kill the "Mustang Legend" for you.
It's not going to ruffle my feathers...it's your choice, i just don't want to see it:D

I'd rather not use a mustang to haul crap on a trailer.. But then again i wouldn't have a Mustang as my daily driver...as

I live in the CBD and parking is a pain in the ass at the best of times. The extra width and bloody tight spots along with people denting doors wouldn't make it fun for me.. weekend cruiser for me..

But if you do get a tow bar... at least get a removable tongue...
Sponsored

Jack79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda's
I have considered getting a tow bar for the odd trips to Bunnings, but yeah it is a Mustang, maybe if I put the mustang wheels on my trailer it wont look so bad ;-)

Well you may need to lower it, and fit a no hop kit to your trailer:cheers:

thewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue GT (soon). '04 Astra Convertible
I have to admit I've considered it a tow ball to trailer my bike if needed... we will see in time

Sponsored

Jack79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda's
Last edited:

doobynuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT V8 Auto
Tow bar for Mustang

I know it's sacrilege and I will probably be the first and only but I'm looking to put a tow bar on my stang like in the pics below.

Etrailer sells them but they won't post to Aussie and it probably doesn't meet Australian standards anyway.

Anyone know how I can get one?
tow hitch.JPG
madness.JPG

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
I could be wrong, but I thought it says in our manual never to tow anything i.e. Potential warranty issues

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Can confirm I am wrong. As you were

doobynuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT V8 Auto
Thanks quick duck I should have searched the forum a bit harder.

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
There's at least 3 of us wanting a tow bar on our Stangs - the manual says we can do it, but there doesn't seem to be any product for it.

There are shops that can/will do custom work - maybe that will be the way to go at first (even providing them the website for a US one might help...
Sponsored