Sponsored

Question regarding a price discrepancy between two bumpers

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm trying to buy a premium rear bumper to replace my base one (looking to install an RTR diffuser) but on Tasca's site I see 2 different bumpers listed.

One is $317 while the other is only $200.

Is one a Premium and the other a base perhaps? I notice one reads "w/reverse sensor" while the other reads "w/o reverse sensor" but I find it a bit strange that the one with reverse sensor is cheaper by $117 bucks. Any ideas?

Here are the links:

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...5PTIwMTUmdD1ndC1wcmVtaXVtJmU9NS0wbC12OC1nYXM=

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...5PTIwMTUmdD1ndC1wcmVtaXVtJmU9NS0wbC12OC1nYXM=
Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
This is truth and yes it seems strange but I suspect there is a whole lot more demand for non-sensored since a lot of people don't order that as part of their original package...just my speculation.

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
I'm trying to buy a premium rear bumper to replace my base one (looking to install an RTR diffuser) but on Tasca's site I see 2 different bumpers listed.

One is $317 while the other is only $200.

Is one a Premium and the other a base perhaps? I notice one reads "w/reverse sensor" while the other reads "w/o reverse sensor" but I find it a bit strange that the one with reverse sensor is cheaper by $117 bucks. Any ideas?
I did that conversion last summer on my 15', although I bought mine from Levittown Ford I did notice at the time that the reverse sensor bumper was cheaper then the non sensor....although I have the reverse sensors so I was not complaining.

I also did the RTR diffuser...:D
Premium bumper and  RTR Diffuser.jpg

OP
OP
Less Weight

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This is truth and yes it seems strange but I suspect there is a whole lot more demand for non-sensored since a lot of people don't order that as part of their original package...just my speculation.
That makes sense I suppose. My car does NOT have reverse sensors so I wonder if the bumper designed to be used in conjunction with aforementioned sensors would be compatible with my non sensored car? I doubt it would, but if anyone has any information to the contrary, please share, as I would rather save the hundred odd dollars and just get the sensor bumper.

I did that conversion last summer on my 15', although I bought mine from Levittown Ford I did notice at the time that the reverse sensor bumper was cheaper then the non sensor....although I have the reverse sensors so I was not complaining.

Lookin' good. :thumbsup:

I remember you and I discussed your purchase from Levittown in another thread and how they're shipping charges were exorbitant. You even provided me with the address, I believe. I just don't feel like driving all that way and back so I may just get it from Tasca's website, though they are not much better with shipping ($282 plus a $75 dollar core charge :frusty: :mad:)

SIMS1724

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS Ingot Silver

Looks great. How much was the bumper to get it painted? Did you have to buy any extra hardware or anything?

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
That makes sense I suppose. My car does NOT have reverse sensors so I wonder if the bumper designed to be used in conjunction with aforementioned sensors would be compatible with my non sensored car? I doubt it would, but if anyone has any information to the contrary, please share, as I would rather save the hundred odd dollars and just get the sensor bumper.
I have wondered the same myself...if it worked, I wouldn't care about having the sensor "buttons" (for lack of a better term) on the bumper if it saved $$$.

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
Looks great. How much was the bumper to get it painted? Did you have to buy any extra hardware or anything?
The bumper painted was $400, The only extra hardware were the 6 metric screws.....3 screws per side, for the valence to attach to the premium bumper. Since I don't remember the exact size...I think 7mm, I just removed the slip on nut off the bumper and brought it with me to the local hardware store....

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Reviving this as I and many would like to know...if your base vehicle does NOT have reverse sensors, could you use the premium bumper cover that has the reverse sensor "buttons" without any issue?

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
Reviving this as I and many would like to know...if your base vehicle does NOT have reverse sensors, could you use the premium bumper cover that has the reverse sensor "buttons" without any issue?
Yes...the bumper interchanges....the reverse sensor buttons on a non sensor car just do not plug into the required harness...

kingstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
The reverse sensor bumper comes with holes in the bumper, you would need the sensors to fill the holes.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Crap, you are right, I just saw the raw part...that's f'n annoying....bondo the holes maybe but then the price difference doesn't matter too much....again, f'n annoying and even more annoying NO ONE makes a DECENT diffuser for base bumper...rant over....$384.55 vs 522.34 maybe bondo and sanding isn't out of the question lol.
Sponsored