Sponsored

2017 A6 PP2 vs. 2017 A6 Aftermarket Tune

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/A6, 2020 Explorer ST
I was very impressed to see the differences in the PP2 tune/CAI/TB vs. aftermarket tune-only car. I'm in the right lane with the non PP2 car. Both cars are identical options/color/wheels/ect. Both are on Nitto NT05's. A6 both cars and both race weights are within 5 lbs.

My car has a vendor tune with no other mods, vs the Ford Racing PP2 mods (GT350/TB). It was a super close race, with the PP2 car inching me out up top but I was able to secure the 1/4 mile just a pinch faster. It's clear the CAI/TB help once we're out and rolling!

pp2.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
96gt4.6

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/A6, 2020 Explorer ST
Yes. He was about 1.5-2mph faster on every pass. The only way I was making up the small difference in E/T was during each shift I would gain some ground, then lose it back to him with the MPH difference. With the vendor tune I am running, each shift hits really good, vs. the PP2's tune has full torque reduction and stock line pressures on the shifts so they feel stock and cut engine power during the shifts.

The cars are literally identical. Same color/wheels/options and gear ratios.

If you run the weight/trap speed on both cars, it comes out to around 20 rwhp difference give/take. Granted, those numbers probably have a bit of fudge room vs actual dyno measurements, but it seems to resemble the advertised gains from Ford.
Sponsored

Last edited: