Sponsored

Any 15-17 EB owners thinking about getting 18 EB?

OP
OP

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
I took a step towards deciding on the EB vs GT last night. Ordered an ATM intercooler while it was on sale. If I go EB I would really only make 2 engine mods, intercooler/charge pipes and catch can. So figured why not save some money as it was on sale. Worst case I will sell it if I go GT. Only other performance mod would be GT 350 springs to lower the car as I will get magnaride. No plans to tune this thing unless FP comes out with something later. Otherwise want to keep warranty in tack. May go for exhaust, something like the AWE but not sure. I never got one for my 15.

This thread has actually made me realize that while I say if I got a GT I would keep it longer and it would be worth the extra cost, the reality is I am sure I am going to be eyeing the next gen when it comes out in 2021. I'd be a lot close to paying off an 18 if I go EB. Plus I just drive too many miles. I average 400 a week, thats a lot of extra gas for the GT. Waiting to hear back on the insurance difference, I kind of hope its high so it really helps me finally make a call, lol.
Sponsored

Jake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP - Gone
I also bought an EB new. I also had a motor blow at about 27k miles. Mine took two months of summer to turn around, and I was shopping and running numbers the whole time. I guess I really like the idea of a GT (bigger numbers, louder, faster, overall pretty bitchin'), but in the past two years I've found myself wanting more power VERY rarely. Even without a tune, it's 'fine.'

The '18 doesn't give me anything worthwhile once depreciation and price are considered. At this point, I'd rather have a heated steering wheel for my dd than more power, to be honest.

Edit: Just priced an EB Premium PP at over $36k without going crazy on options. For that, I'm shopping CPO M235i, Golf R, 2016 GT, etc.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I also bought an EB new. I also had a motor blow at about 27k miles. Mine took two months of summer to turn around, and I was shopping and running numbers the whole time. I guess I really like the idea of a GT (bigger numbers, louder, faster, overall pretty bitchin'), but in the past two years I've found myself wanting more power VERY rarely. Even without a tune, it's 'fine.'

The '18 doesn't give me anything worthwhile once depreciation and price are considered. At this point, I'd rather have a heated steering wheel for my dd than more power, to be honest.

Edit: Just priced an EB Premium PP at over $36k without going crazy on options. For that, I'm shopping CPO M235i, Golf R, 2016 GT, etc.
Judging by your bio on the left-hand side, putting premium(93) gas in your car will give you a nice performance increase. Cheapest performance mod out there too!

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm....foglights were part of the goodies you got with the PP on 2015-2017 :( I wonder if it's a possibility with the new 101A trim level. You can get the magnetic suspension on the 2018 PP if you're willing to pay for it.
Not on the 18s, the fog lights are only standard equipment on the 200a or 201a packages, the base EBM 100a and 101a does not have them, the 101a package only adds:

• 9 Speaker Stereo System with Single-CD Player
• "Silver Arrow" Aluminum Instrument Panel Finish
• Blade Decklid Spoiler – Body-Color
• Dual-Zone Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC)
• Remote Start System (Automatic Transmission Only)
• Reverse Sensing System
• Front Cloth Seats - 6-way Power Driver Seat w/Power Lumbar; 6-way Power Passenger
• Selectable Drive Modes with Toggle Switches
• SiriusXM® Radio
• SYNC® 3 – Enhanced Voice Recognition Communications and Entertainment System
- 8" LCD Capacitive Touchscreen in Center Stack
- Applink®
- 911 Assist®
- Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™
- Smart-Charging USB ports – two (2)
• Tires – 235/50R18 BSW All-Season (A/S)
• 18-inch Machined-face Aluminum Wheels with High-gloss Ebony Black-Painted Pockets

So if you want fogs you are basically forced to add about $4000 to the base price before options which is too bad.

Jake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP - Gone
Judging by your bio on the left-hand side, putting premium(93) gas in your car will give you a nice performance increase. Cheapest performance mod out there too!
Definitely! I know what a tune feels like on 93 and that's pretty fantastic, but I drive so many miles right now that it feels like I'm just burning money to sit on the highway with premium in the tank. It's probably only a hundred bucks a month or so, but it just feels like a bigger bill.

Reactions: Ebm

Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
So if you want fogs you are basically forced to add about $4000 to the base price before options which is too bad.
Or go to Pep Boys... :p

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
Way I see it, my total setup once I get the VS2 will have been 29500. For a used gt near me I can get a base with 30k miles for 26-29k. I'd definitely have to go full bolts on that so now I'm facing 32k on average. Both setups will run very equal times and the boost will feel lighter and use less gas on average. All I'll miss is the v8 sound which is amazing but not the whole chicken

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Way I see it, my total setup once I get the VS2 will have been 29500. For a used gt near me I can get a base with 30k miles for 26-29k. I'd definitely have to go full bolts on that so now I'm facing 32k on average. Both setups will run very equal times and the boost will feel lighter and use less gas on average. All I'll miss is the v8 sound which is amazing but not the whole chicken
Well coming from a nicely equipped 15 GT to the Premium EBM yeah you pretty much only miss the sound, and upper power stock. Tuned the power is not that much of a difference.

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
Well coming from a nicely equipped 15 GT to the Premium EBM yeah you pretty much only miss the sound, and upper power stock. Tuned the power is not that much of a difference.
5.0yote, where is your turbo on your list? I've seen your vids with your turbo kit... You still have that setup?

Sponsored

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
you only live once, get the GT. smiles per gallon man

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
You really driving that car in Japan? :shrug:
Yes

He is driving a "domestic in Japan" remember first gen pony ever released to all counties..

Hi from the USA "Japan" and welcome to our forum.. ..:ford:

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Yes

He is driving a "domestic in Japan" remember first gen pony ever released to all counties..

Hi from the USA "Japan" and welcome to our forum.. ..:ford:
Actually, I mainly asked to see what kind of gas prices Japan has? I'm curious.

Jake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP - Gone
Actually, I mainly asked to see what kind of gas prices Japan has? I'm curious.
$4.25ish/gal in Tokyo. Better get a lot of smiles! :)
Sponsored