Sponsored

2018 Digital Dash Defect?

BLU2DSKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 V6
Drum roll please for a new issue....

My 2018 401a with MT82 and non PP does not have an oil temperature gauge option. I searched everywhere, pressed the up and down arrows like a mad man, no bueno. Has anyone gotten this checked out? I assume oil temperature reading is a standard thing all cars should have.

Also Ford, if you are reading this, hand clap for the amazing quality you guys are clearly using on 2018s :ford:
Sponsored

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP

My 2018 401a with MT82 and non PP does not have an oil temperature gauge option. I searched everywhere, pressed the up and down arrows like a mad man, no bueno. Has anyone gotten this checked out? I assume oil temperature reading is a standard thing all cars should have.

Also Ford, if you are reading this, hand clap for the amazing quality you guys are clearly using on 2018s :ford:
Mine has it, but it is NOT a selectable gauge. It's in one of the default sets. Not sure why they did that, but they did. I wonder if a forescan mod can fix it.

OP
OP

BLU2DSKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 V6
Mine has it, but it is NOT a selectable gauge. It's in one of the default sets. Not sure why they did that, but they did. I wonder if a forescan mod can fix it.
Ye looks like I'm missing the default set of three gauges. I can only see the ones I select which is not normal.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
From my research it’s under the non selectable gauges and earlier models like mine do not have the list, there is a firmware update and you can have the list, but it deletes the oil temp gauge completely. Someone in the FB page we discussed this in stated Ford was doing another update to the firmware to add it back in

OP
OP

BLU2DSKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 V6
From my research it’s under the non selectable gauges and earlier models like mine do not have the list, there is a firmware update and you can have the list, but it deletes the oil temp gauge completely. Someone in the FB page we discussed this in stated Ford was doing another update to the firmware to add it back in
So I guess I have the update firmware which is why I have the list but not the oil temperature gauge?

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
This is the list I’m talking about, mine does not have this available, and I prefer it over gauges

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
So I guess I have the update firmware which is why I have the list but not the oil temperature gauge?
That’s my understanding from that post. I’m trying to find it now

OP
OP

BLU2DSKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 V6
This is the list I’m talking about, mine does not have this available, and I prefer it over gauges
Man I think oil temperature is more useful than that list though no? Either way ideally you would have it all. The list does not have a oil temprature column. I just checked the videos and you're right. Its either list or oil temp gauge.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I personally would rather have oil temp then vacuum lol. Ideally for me I’d love to have oil temp, cyl temp, water temp and oil pressure when I’m out hotlapping , those were the reading I’d have on previous cars. (If they had a cyl head temp reading) the gauges wouldn’t bother me at a track I guess and would be ok, but daily I’d prefer a list over the gauges.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
It makes sense for me too since I have a later 2018 build (March 2018). Hopefully the update just adds engine oil temp to the list of readouts. On a side note I find it hilarious that I can know my axle temp but not my engine oil temp :frusty:

Sponsored

Driversedge18

SPIRIT OF AMERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ECOBOOST PREMIUM
Vehicle Showcase

You could always just sell the car & get a Dodge? Hellcat Redeye edition of course. Back to the topic. I never use the gauges. Just the 2 side oval clusters. More distractions from driving. I dont even change the my color setting options. As long as my Sync3 works, good to go. :cheers:

Driversedge18

SPIRIT OF AMERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ECOBOOST PREMIUM
Vehicle Showcase

MetalCord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have a November produced 2018 and I can't find oil temperature anywhere. Lots of other temps I don't care about.

MetalCord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Actually, I DO have the oil temp gauge. I just can't select it as part of "MyGauges". If I just cycle up using the arrow buttons in the steering wheel, the oil temp gauge is there. This may have been stated already. I apologize if that's the case.
Sponsored