Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

docbomb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black Ecoboost
was this 1.16 nav upgrade free? I just care about getting my gracenotes to update since the album art just will not work on sync3 (be that a bluetooth issue or what, but it always uses gracenote data regardless of if I disable that)
Sponsored

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I just picked up my Mustang yesterday. Is there some sort of trick to get Applink working in general? Carplay works great, but when I disable it, Sync won't find any apps. I was able to get Waze, AccuWeather, and Sygic working once, but haven't been able to since. I assume I have to keep Carplay disabled and I do have the mobile apps settings turned on in Sync.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
I just picked up my Mustang yesterday. Is there some sort of trick to get Applink working in general? Carplay works great, but when I disable it, Sync won't find any apps. I was able to get Waze, AccuWeather, and Sygic working once, but haven't been able to since. I assume I have to keep Carplay disabled and I do have the mobile apps settings turned on in Sync.
You may need to go into settings and re select enable apps.

Sponsored

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
So I finally got it working again all the time now. Not sure what the issue was, but I tried the other USB port in the console and it worked instantly. I switched back to the other USB port I was using and it works fine now.

Kostyam69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Anyone else's Waze supper laggy to the point that they can't even use it?
I was so excited when the integration between Sync 3 and Waze came about, 3 days in I’ve abandebed my dream of using Waze every again on my radio only go revert back to crappy Apple maps. Waze was not very responsive and didn’t communicate well at all :/

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I was so excited when the integration between Sync 3 and Waze came about, 3 days in I’ve abandebed my dream of using Waze every again on my radio only go revert back to crappy Apple maps. Waze was not very responsive and didn’t communicate well at all :/
It is usually not like that. Must be updating stuff.

rpitsing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Prem Convertable PP EcoBoost 201A
Waze for Sync 3 is very buggy, but it’s their public beta version. Hopefully more updates to come. Long time waze user, since pre-google acquisition. I too was super excited when released, but switched back to CarPlay. Needs work.

barrykaye1001

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.discountpackagingdepot.com
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Anyone else's Waze supper laggy to the point that they can't even use it?
On mine, it only works if I keep Waze as the active app on my phone and I don't shut the iPhone screen off. Use any other app and the Sync 3 screen says that Waze is operating in the background. If I shut the iPhone screen off, it completely freezes but comes back as soon as I turn the screen on.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I've been a little confused on this topic involving Waze and Sync 3. Is this Waze being used through Android Auto or carplay or is it a Sync3 app like Pandora/Sirius?

I have Waze on my Note 8 but it doesn't show on Sync 3.
Sponsored