Sponsored

Interior trim materials

Gyascutus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Ecoboost
Is the trim around the shifter and cupholders metal or plastic? And same question about door handles, console nobs/dials, trim around vents, speakers, "metal" on steering wheel... and other metal looking parts.

Also, what material is the center console (with shifter and cupholders) made of? Hard material? The bubbles in it from this picture worry me a bit.

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Is the trim around the shifter and cupholders metal or plastic? And same question about door handles, console nobs/dials, trim around vents, speakers, "metal" on steering wheel... and other metal looking parts.

Also, what material is the center console (with shifter and cupholders) made of? Hard material? The bubbles in it from this picture worry me a bit.

The picture you have attached is of a pre-production vehicle which is why there are bubbles around the cup holders. As for your questions... I believe the chrome are plastic parts painted with a metal coating (copper??) and then chrome plated. The toggle switches are real aluminum along with the dials and the metal around the steering wheel. Any parts that look metal are metal. As for the center console, when I sat in a 2015 my first impression was that it was made of soft touch material like the dash but it is in fact hard plastic.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Well as for the Center Console of the Premium Guard Eco-Boost Coupe I sat in, it was a Hard Plastic like the Lower Parts of the Door Panels but both are Very Well Grained and have a High Quality Texture to the Touch. The Radio Knobs, Toggle Switches, and Shifter are All High Quality Aluminum and Plated Metal. I'm not sure about the Chrome Trim around the Cup Holders, Shifter Trim and A/C Vents, but I'm Assuming that these Pieces would be Chrome Plated ABS. The Spokes on the Steering Wheel and Door Pulls are Aluminum Covered just like the Aluminum Dash Trim.

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
Well as for the Center Console of the Premium Guard Eco-Boost Coupe I sat in, it was a Hard Plastic like the Lower Parts of the Door Panels but both are Very Well Grained and have a High Quality Texture to the Touch. The Radio Knobs, Toggle Switches, and Shifter are All High Quality Aluminum and Plated Metal. I'm not sure about the Chrome Trim around the Cup Holders, Shifter Trim and A/C Vents, but I'm Assuming that these Pieces would be Chrome Plated ABS. The Spokes on the Steering Wheel and Door Pulls are Aluminum Covered just like the Aluminum Dash Trim.

Agree with this... I commented in my review below of a race red prototype that the "hard plastics" are grained and not hard like say a thinkpad laptop case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)

You are pulling up pre-production photos w/hand molded parts..?

Most of the metal looking parts are indeed metal, while the cupholder accent is just chrome plastic... obviously. There are several video of the interior, have a look-see and you'll be able to tell soft touch mats to others, etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Gyascutus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Ecoboost
I'm also curious to what material is used on the passenger's dash, where the metal mustang plate is mounted.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
I'm also curious to what material is used on the passenger's dash, where the metal mustang plate is mounted.

The Black Section is what used to be called, a Black Camera Case finish in the 60's and 70's and it is just Black Plastic.
Sponsored