Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Someone (dealer closer to everything) posted on CF approximate starting price of 120k various levels of aero. At the point though with a few options it’ll be 135-140k easy which means I’m probably out. If the GT500 is as great as bmac says and I can get one at MSRP I’m in.
Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Oh...

that's more than the upcoming SVT from what I last heard. Wow, I'm surprised.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Looks Good!! I wasn't sure that the ZR1 would have a DOHC, it would take some nifty work in order to get it packed in there. The car is soo low it would need to have a hood 1' tall haha. I'm not even sure a DOHC engine will be in the ME, but judging by how high the back sits, it does look like one could fit easily. They are talking a 4L TT DOHC, we'll see I guess.

I like the current C7 corvette but not enough to get one. It'll be the ME that wins me over I think. Unfortunately its not coming until next year (2020 MY), is what i've seen.
Also hearing rumblings that it won't come with a high HP variant out of the gate, and that it will most likely be the year following. Not sure I can wait that long so it will be a GT500, at least for a year or two.

To your point I would suggest that we all keep an eye on the upcoming Detroit Auto Show which starts on January 13th and I would be quite surprised if Ford does not unveil the GT500 that week.

I would also suggest based on the strong relationship that Ford has with Craig Jackson and Steve Davis that once the official unveiling has taken place in Detroit that a Pilot Production GT500 will be unveiled during the Barrett-Jackson auction week in Scottsdale.

;)
Thanks Harry! Sounds like things are moving in the right direction. Now, to find out when the Barrett - Jackson auction is, in Scottsdale :)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Someone (dealer closer to everything) posted on CF approximate starting price of 120k various levels of aero. At the point though with a few options it’ll be 135-140k easy which means I’m probably out. If the GT500 is as great as bmac says and I can get one at MSRP I’m in.
Well, it's not gonna be faster than this lol. Can't beat physics when it comes to overall mass, CG, etc. I expect it to be quite a bit cheaper, though.

Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Well, it's not gonna be faster than this lol. Can't beat physics when it comes to overall mass, CG, etc. I expect it to be quite a bit cheaper, though.
I’m not expecting it to be faster, specially on a track but I am expecting to be nearly half the price. I figure a ZR1 the way I want it is 135k or so. So a gt500 around 75-80k would be nice. I’m hoping the gt500’s performance on the track is about on par with the ZL1/1LE but at the strip is on par or exceeds the Z06.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
The new ZR1 is going to be beast! I'm sure the price tag will reflect that as it should. Lots of R&D.

750 hp, 680 tq
Est 0-60 in less than 3.
Est 1320 in less than 11.
Est top speed above 210.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
The new ZR1 is going to be beast! I'm sure the price tag will reflect that as it should. Lots of R&D.

750 hp, 680 tq
Est 0-60 in less than 3.
Est top speed above 210.
I wonder if that EST top speed is with the wing off or no rake. A mile in under 11 seconds is cookin

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
1/4 mile in under 11 not mile but that ZR1 is UGLY!! No thanks even if I could afford it.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Looks Good!! I wasn't sure that the ZR1 would have a DOHC, it would take some nifty work in order to get it packed in there. The car is soo low it would need to have a hood 1' tall haha. I'm not even sure a DOHC engine will be in the ME, but judging by how high the back sits, it does look like one could fit easily. They are talking a 4L TT DOHC, we'll see I guess.

I like the current C7 corvette but not enough to get one. It'll be the ME that wins me over I think. Unfortunately its not coming until next year (2020 MY), is what i've seen.
Also hearing rumblings that it won't come with a high HP variant out of the gate, and that it will most likely be the year following. Not sure I can wait that long so it will be a GT500, at least for a year or two.

Thanks Harry! Sounds like things are moving in the right direction. Now, to find out when the Barrett - Jackson auction is, in Scottsdale :)
Hey Jimmy, the B-J auction typically falls into the same week as the Detroit Auto Show with this year being no exception.

I remember being at BJ in Scottsdale a few years ago and seeing numerous Ford execs that same week flying into Scottsdale from the Detroit Auto Show on their private jet and just after they unveiled the new Ford GT in Detroit.

A day after they arrived into Scottsdale the exec group (Mark Fields/Jim Owens, etc.) unveiled a Pilot Production Ford GT at the Ford display at BJ.

I expect something similar to happen this year as well and wished I could be there to see it first hand.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: :ford: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
1/4 mile in under 11 not mile but that ZR1 is UGLY!! No thanks even if I could afford it.
That's top fuel dragster speed ;) it's cookin!!!

Hey Jimmy, the B-J auction typically falls into the same week as the Detroit Auto Show with this year being no exception.

I remember being at BJ in Scottsdale a few years ago and seeing numerous Ford execs that same week flying into Scottsdale from the Detroit Auto Show on their private jet and just after they unveiled the new Ford GT in Detroit.

A day after they arrived into Scottsdale the exec group (Mark Fields/Jim Owens, etc.) unveiled a Pilot Production Ford GT at the Ford display at BJ.

I expect something similar to happen this year as well and wished I could be there to see it first hand.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: :ford: :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for the lesson Harry, you're a wealth of information. Very much appreciate, ill be looking forward to it. Hope to get thru the holidays without much stress and not long after that, we'll finally get to see this thing.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I wonder if that EST top speed is with the wing off or no rake. A mile in under 11 seconds is cookin
It definitely is cookin' Jim! :)
I think that may be with the wing. Not positive. It's a fast machine, that's for sure.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
That's top fuel dragster speed ;) it's cookin!!!

Thanks for the lesson Harry, you're a wealth of information. Very much appreciate, ill be looking forward to it. Hope to get thru the holidays without much stress and not long after that, we'll finally get to see this thing.
Jimmy, I agree about the holiday time and wish you and your family all the best over the next few weeks!

Be careful out there and if you ever get over my way please let me know as would like to have you over.

:cheers:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Jimmy, I agree about the holiday time and wish you and your family all the best over the next few weeks!

Be careful out there and if you ever get over my way please let me know as would like to have you over.

:cheers:
Very kind Harry, thank you! Happy Holidays to you as well, same goes for you, if you're ever passing thru, it would be an honor to have you over.
Safe travels!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

750 hp, 680 tq
Est 0-60 in less than 3.
Est top speed above 210.
Lots of R&D?

To me it has the appearance of quick and dirty release rather than a beautifully integrated design.

Compare that tacked on rear spoiler to the beautiful CF unit on the GT350R, for instance. Same thing with the front end of the car and the hood.

Edit: yes I'm sure it will be quick especially in a straight line and have lots of power. Those are a given.
Sponsored