Sponsored

Finally dyno results!

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
after chasing a few issues from my last thread. i upgraded injectors,lund tweaked the tune. went to hit the rollers. I was honestly hoping for more. she put down 609whp and 475 wtq. mods below. however i think the numbers came in low due to clutch slipping in higher rpm on dyno. I'm a little surprised at the clutch. my car only has 7k babied miles on it. no track passes and no previous dyno time. I don't even have 200 boosted miles on it. Is it normal for it to slip like that with such little time? Is it something that being on the dyno made it do it? never had any issues data logging but as soon as i made pull on dyno i smelled it instantly in upper rpms. happened on 2nd pull to so we stopped.

16 gt
6 speed
p1sc 10 psi
mak inlet
dw95 injectors, BAP
kooks catless long tubes and corsa cb.
93 tune from lund.
Sponsored

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
That's right about were mine was on a mustang dyno SAE before I put on long tubes. I think it was 580ish for mine. Just remember... I've raced people who said their car put down 7xx and it's either dead even or they got beat. Lots of inflated dyno numbers out there.

OP
OP

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
this was a dynojet even guy who ran it said he expected it to be around 650. but since the clutch was burning i guess thats why it was lower. question is how much life is left in the clutch

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
this was a dynojet even guy who ran it said he expected it to be around 650. but since the clutch was burning i guess thats why it was lower. question is how much life is left in the clutch
Not sure. I had 9000 Miles(13k on car) on my setup and the clutch was holding strong. I didnt slip it much and mostly only got on the it when it was released, but on the same token, I wasn't easy on it at times either. A few 5000 rpm clutch drops here and there. But, I have it apart now and the the pressure plate and flywheel look great. Too many variables to determine how long a clutch lasts.

OP
OP

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
im pretty easy on it. i usually just let it out driving normally. not rev and slip it guy. car very rarely gets beat on.

Sponsored

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
I feel that does seem a little odd to be slipping so soon, especially since your so easy on it. I'm at about 7500 miles on my 17GT and about 800 miles with my Whipple. Not much miles boosted yet but haven't been very easy on it and no clutch issues yet. Feels great still.

OP
OP

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
yea i cant help to think something was not right on the dyno. he said they set it up with a load on the dyno. wondering if it was to much of a load and causing to much resistance. hence the slipping and lower #. my buddy who also dynod got lower numbers then expected to

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
I had some questions about dyno numbers I've had in the past. I just took it to another dyno...both dynojets just too see if there was any huge difference. Maybe you should consider that?

OP
OP

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
yea i might. i just dont want to kill the clutch

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Same thing here. I don't rev the sh*t out of it and dump the clutch, and don't treat it like a rented mule. I generally get on it after I'm already going and mostly do my h*ll raising in the turns and twisties. Sometimes I'll get to 7,100rpm's and my clutch hasn't slipped ever, whether on the dyno or out on the streets. (Rev limiter set at 7,200). I would think you should be seeing higher numbers and maybe like was said, maybe give another dyno a try.

Sponsored
OP
OP

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
it was odd to because he even checked the mph on the dyno and the speed was 153mph. i would think if it was slipping bad that it wouldnt be that high

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Did u data the dyno run?if so u can see clutch slippage in the log.My clutch didn't last long after I put my procharger on either,especially in the higher rpms.Like I said before when u were running out of fuel,if your clutch started slipping as soon as u got into the power/boost of the pull that's why your numbers were a little low.Time for clutch because once it starts slipping it's goes downhill fast unless u just baby the he'll out of it,but that's not fun.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
it was odd to because he even checked the mph on the dyno and the speed was 153mph. i would think if it was slipping bad that it wouldnt be that high
Not sure what your gears are but 153 is not that fast for a dyno pull,With 315 we were over 200 mph and had to.do pulls in 4th instead of 5th.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
+1 my numbers were lower than I expected on the same dyno. I have an auto (4th gear pulls) but pulls only went up to 150ish too. Seems odd, I thought MPH went higher. I might try another dyno too... According to this one I only gained ~50hp from +2psi, +3* timing, MAK inlet, meth, and Cat deletes...

I know number chasing is tricky and every dyno reads different, but something doesnt seem right here.