Sponsored

Any Interest In a Compact Spare for Brembo Equipped Cars?

Would you be interested in a compact spare that clears front and rear Brembo's?

• Total voters

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Thanks for the above explanations. I just placed an order for the complete kit.

The dealer said the part number for the jack was FR3Z-17080-A. You have HR3Z-17080-A. I wonder what the difference is?
Sponsored

drorr86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Thanks for the above explanations. I just placed an order for the complete kit.

The dealer said the part number for the jack was FR3Z-17080-A. You have HR3Z-17080-A. I wonder what the difference is?
I have been told that the part number I gave superseded the FR3Z-17080-A. Same part just more $$$ to buy.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been told that the part number I gave superseded the FR3Z-17080-A. Same part just more $$$ to buy.
You are correct. I found images and they are the same, however at a couple of online Ford OEM parts dealers the FR3Z-17080-A is $13.00 cheaper.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I am sorry to hear that your package was damaged during shipping. UPS can be very hard on packages sometimes. We ship out all of the spares fully insured at our own expense for cases just like this. On the outside of the packaging there is stickers that say "Do Not Accept if Damaged". if the package appears to be damaged I would suggest inspecting the item before accepting it and reporting the damage to the delivery man or just flat out refusing the package. This is important because once you take delivery of it, UPS is passing off the responsibility and liability of covering the damage.
There was no way to tell that anything was damaged before cutting the straps. As I mentioned, the balancing weights were knocked off the wheel because the jack and handle were loose and free to bang around inside the rim. I don't blame UPS at all for that, I blame your packaging. That's why I brought it up.

Not that it matters, because I had it delivered to my work address. We ship and receive over a hundred packages a day. No way we hold up the driver while we inspect each one. That's also not how UPS claims work, from firsthand experience. That might be their official policy, but in practice it's not.

Anyway, it's not something worth fighting UPS over. You just need to package those jack kits a little better, or ship them separately.

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Below are the Ford OEM part numbers for the hardware
HR3Z-17080-A - Jack
FR3Z-17032-A – Wrench
ES7Z-17091-A - Retaining bolt
The last part is just the wing nut that holds the jack and wrench down, the cap that holds the spare down is:

ES7Z-1424-A

mephim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track (gone), 2019 GT350 (gone)
All outstanding orders have been fulfilled as of this morning. Those who have been waiting on the hardware portion of their orders have had those sent out as well. Thank you all for your business and support while we product this Spare to market. Those who have the GT350 models, we now have a solution for your cars and can make this work on your vehicles as well.
Now that I purchased the spare for my GT350 last week, what is the change for GT350 that you have in place now? Is it a different rim or just a spacer?

drorr86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Now that I purchased the spare for my GT350 last week, what is the change for GT350 that you have in place now? Is it a different rim or just a spacer?
There is no change to the rim, we will have the correct sized spacer available for purchase for these cars going forward.

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
There is no change to the rim, we will have the correct sized spacer available for purchase for these cars going forward.
What is the price for the spacer? or is it included if you buy the whole kit?

Thanks
Jack

Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The last part is just the wing nut that holds the jack and wrench down, the cap that holds the spare down is:

ES7Z-1424-A
Did you get either one with the kit? I did not see them in your pictures.

drorr86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
there is enough wheel stud for the spacer? is it because the hub size is not large on the spare?
No there is not enough wheel stud for the spacer. The studs on the vehicle now will be used to bolt down the spacer and the spacer itself will have a new set of studs and lugs on it to use to bolt down the spare. If you google a 1" wheel spacer you will find many pictures of these type of spacers.
Sponsored