Sponsored

Headliner Removal? Has anyone done it?

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
I was going to get my roof wrapped but I don't want them messing with my interior but the shop doing it said they need to remove the GPS antenna. The bolt that holds it in is on the under side inside the headliner. So I was going to do that myself and wondered if anyone has done it already once and if so, any tips?
Sponsored

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be shocked if anybody has taken that on themselves. You might want to check the exploded diagrams for A/C pillar trim pieces, they might give you a good idea. Unless there is a vendor w/ a project car that has done it... info might be tough to get.

OP
OP
DarkSubRosa

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I looked in my Helms manual last night, you can lower it by just removing the visors and A-pillar trim pretty much to access the GPS antenna nut. I'll probably post photos of it when I do it for anybody else that is searching.

BrantMcE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic w/ Dark Saddle In
I did it to install rattle trap into my roof. I'll check for my post I need to finish updating it anyway as my audio build is finished.found it

Should be halfway down the page

WhiplashGo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I was going to get my roof wrapped but I don't want them messing with my interior but the shop doing it said they need to remove the GPS antenna. The bolt that holds it in is on the under side inside the headliner. So I was going to do that myself and wondered if anyone has done it already once and if so, any tips?
Shop should be able to cut & tuck wrap around antenna if they have any kind of experience. Even full vehicle wraps we only take off anything that can be removed easily from the exterior.

"Also in the past i've seen people asking how to remove the roof antenna if they were say getting their roof wrapped. well i'm pretty sure this is the bolt to do just that. Although it seems like a pain in the ass to get to just to remove and put back after wrapping." Post from above link to other thread.

Takes probably 1/2 hour or longer to remove/replace headliner, 5 minutes tops for just wrapping over antennae & trimming. If you know what your doing no one will ever tell & vinyl will last just as long as removing liner.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
DarkSubRosa

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shop should be able to cut & tuck wrap around antenna if they have any kind of experience. Even full vehicle wraps we only take off anything that can be removed easily from the exterior.

"Also in the past i've seen people asking how to remove the roof antenna if they were say getting their roof wrapped. well i'm pretty sure this is the bolt to do just that. Although it seems like a pain in the ass to get to just to remove and put back after wrapping." Post from above link to other thread.

Takes probably 1/2 hour or longer to remove/replace headliner, 5 minutes tops for just wrapping over antennae & trimming. If you know what your doing no one will ever tell & vinyl will last just as long as removing liner.
Yeah, I've decided to just do the wrap myself after looking at how cheap the material is. I looked at the antenna and thought about just trimming around it. Material is cheap enough that if I screw it up and go back and remove it, it's still cheaper than what shops are charging to take it somewhere. I've done some paint and body in the past so I'm fairly certain I can lay down a piece of vinyl on the roof.

MoneyPit#53

Sheeple Shepherd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0
The bolt to remove the antenna from underneath the headliner is EASILY assessable from sitting in the back seat and pulling the rear of the headliner downward 6-7 inches. The rear portion of the headliner is simply held into place by 2 magnets.

-Nick

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang Premium Automagic
The bolt to remove the antenna from underneath the headliner is EASILY assessable from sitting in the back seat and pulling the rear of the headliner downward 6-7 inches. The rear portion of the headliner is simply held into place by 2 magnets.

-Nick
Not on my 16.... went to remove the 3rd brake light and no magnets to be found. Looks like the piller trim needs to come out in order to drop the headliner down. Simply pulling down on it is not a good idea as the headliner will bend / crease.

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Yes, I have a DIY video
[ame]

Sorry I just had to! :lol:

Sponsored

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
How much would it cost just to have a shop paint it black?

OP
OP
DarkSubRosa

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much would it cost just to have a shop paint it black?
Depends on what part of the country you live honestly but probably in the $300 range most places I would guess. About the same as paying someone to vinyl wrap it.

Reactions: S7N

Cloak

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up not liking the gloss vinyl after putting it on my buddies car and just ditched doing it on my car.
got mine done , we just pulled the headliner down from the rear, to acced the antenna bolt and release the clips

20GULN2.png
Sponsored