OP
OP
aram_g

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White w/Blue Stripes
I believe Morgan Hill will do it for you(the no ADM dealership here in the bay).
You're just talking about the courtesy delivery here and not ordering without ADM, right?
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
You're just talking about the courtesy delivery here and not ordering without ADM, right?
They will do courtesy delivery, and also every car they sell has no ADM, GT350's and R's included. That's rare in California, let alone the bay area, which is why it's near impossible to get in an order with them due to the wait list. If you haven't experienced a GT350, you're welcome to give my car a go.

OP
OP
aram_g

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you haven't experienced a GT350, you're welcome to give my car a go.
I haven't experienced a GT350 or any 6MT Mustang. You sure?!? I've only ever driven two manual Wranglers and a manual Camry. All of which were really easy to drive stick hahaha :lol:

OP
OP
aram_g

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$900 rent in this area is very low (unless you live a in a tent). So make sure that is not going to go up any time soon.

Do not deal with Frontier Ford. They are terrible. Wish they weren't as they are closest to me. They were not willing to do a courtesy delivery for me even though we bought my wife's Escape from them. Told me that it was too much hassle for them. I will not be hassling them next summer when my wife leases other Escape. I did find a local dealership willing to do a courtesy delivery. PM me if you decide to go that route.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
The $900 is one room in a really nice freshly renovated 4 bedroom house in Milpitas, it's actually more like 850 cause I was forced to get the smallest room, all of my buddies really wanted the larger ones, and I don't have much in my room except my bed and desk/computer etc etc. Either that or $1200 for the larger ones which I don't need.

As far as Frontier Ford, I agree. They were hesitant to even let me test drive a GT, and wasn't allowed to drive aggressively at all, like they want me to buy a $44,000 performance vehicle without testing it's performance lol :headbonk: . I was quoted $42,000 (MSRP $47,000) for a '18 GT Premium PP1 with the some other package (I forget) and 10 Speed. I drove it, and honestly didn't like it much. The car felt like a boat to me. Wasn't tight or direct even in Sport+ mode. And I didn't want to settle for a $50,000 GT PP2 with a sub-par gearbox (from what I heard nowhere near the 350's Tremec).

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
It sounds like you've really thought this through and it seems like you can afford it. I'd start saving as much as possible now for a good down payment that way when you find the one you want, you'll have something to put down to help with the payment.

Sponsored

OP
OP
aram_g

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It sounds like you've really thought this through and it seems like you can afford it. I'd start saving as much as possible now for a good down payment that way when you find the one you want, you'll have something to put down to help with the payment.
Actually, I found the one I want. It's at a dealer waiting for me to put a deposit on it. I just figured out how to lease transfer my car so I told them to give me a week to figure everything out on that end. Also just spoke with Progressive Auto Insurance and they quoted me $1392/6months full insurance on the car including rental reimbursement, which is $200 cheaper than my Infiniti. I have a decent amount saved for a down, especially considering that I started at the company less than 2 years ago and have spent a lot of money on tuition and loans. I'm thinking about putting ~15-20k down and will try to get 2.9% APR if it's possible for a 60 month finance. Hope it's possible with credit in between 750-800 with good history of making payments and no defaulting on loans etc etc etc :clap2:

RedWhiteBlues

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Lightning Blue
Actually, I found the one I want. It's at a dealer waiting for me to put a deposit on it. I just figured out how to lease transfer my car so I told them to give me a week to figure everything out on that end. Also just spoke with Progressive Auto Insurance and they quoted me $1392/6months full insurance on the car including rental reimbursement, which is $200 cheaper than my Infiniti. I have a decent amount saved for a down, especially considering that I started at the company less than 2 years ago and have spent a lot of money on tuition and loans. I'm thinking about putting ~15-20k down and will try to get 2.9% APR if it's possible for a 60 month finance. Hope it's possible with credit in between 750-800 with good history of making payments and no defaulting on loans etc etc etc :clap2:
Be careful with the lease transfer - some leasing companies will hold you financially responsible if the new person doesn't pay.

OP
OP
aram_g

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Be careful with the lease transfer - some leasing companies will hold you financially responsible if the new person doesn't pay.
Spoke with Infiniti, I wouldn't be financially responsible unless I co-sign the lease for my friend and he stops making payments. I know he can make payments and he's been my closest friend for about 19 years (family friend), so I trust him fully :)

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
Get a GT if you want a daily driver. They are easy to find and you can get them for thousands under MSRP.

OP
OP
aram_g

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get a GT if you want a daily driver. They are easy to find and you can get them for thousands under MSRP.
I thought about it, even test drove a '18 GT Premium PP1 10 Speed, and I personally didn't really like the drive. Wasn't as tight and direct of a drive as I expected it to be. For example, even in sport I couldn't really feel where the front tires were while driving, and the steering didn't feel direct. Idk, maybe I didn't test drive it long enough or push it as hard as I would have liked. Apparently PP2 is a lot closer to the 350 than PP1, or so I've heard. But I've also heard that the 6MT it comes with isn't that great comparatively.

Sponsored

Forgedwheeler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Hey guys. First post here and not entirely sure how the user interface works, so forgive me if any formatting or things like that are off on my post. I currently don't have a Shelby, and have never even owned a Mustang, but I'm very much looking forward to joining the (Shelby) club. I live in South Bay, CA (kill me :headbonk: ), and tried getting one through the Frontier Ford dealership in Santa Clara, but they're not budging below $20,000 ADM. After asking around on the Mustang subreddit I was made aware of a dealer in the midwest that would order the car for me without any ADM at all. I'd basically just have to pay for sticker + the shipment cost to CA.

Now, a few basic things about me; dunno if it matters but I'll say them anyways. I'm 26, make ~115k as an Engineer (just graduated with my Masters), $900 for rent, have no kids or gf, and have roughly 23k left on student loans which I just put $500/month towards with an occasional larger sum every few months. I don't do much but work here since I'm originally from LA and don't really know anyone up here. I'm saying these things because I just spend money on bare necessities, rent, and student loans, and I'm losing my mind to boredom. Now, I'm not looking to get a Shelby JUST cause I'm bored; I've wanted one ever since the 2016 came out, and I've been absolutely obsessed. I know that if I get this car I'm going to enjoy the f**k out of it and treasure it :headbang: .

What worries me is that I'd make a terrible mistake buying a car that costs half of my gross salary (according to the 20/4/10 financial rule for buying a car) and driving it as a daily. Given the fact that it has a high-sprung motor and machining tolerances are significantly lower than the Coyote V8, wouldn't reliability be low? I know there's warranty and everything, but if I get the car I'd want to drive it basically forever, more or less. On top of that, I've read that maintenance costs are roughly $180 for DIY oil change 10-10.5 quarts, $350+ for OEM pads, $1000 for OEM rotors, $1200 tires, ~$700 registration in CA, $250-350/month insurance (clean record & 26 y/o), bad gas mileage with terrible CA quality 91 fuel, $1000-2000 to clear bra the front of the car, gas guzzler tax, etc etc. What else should I be aware of besides these regular maintenance costs?

I know the typical GT350 owner on this forum definitely doesn't worry about these things, and I know I'm setting myself up for comments like "if you're worried about xxx then don't buy the car" for example, but I'm looking for other bits of advice, I'm not really sure to be honest. I've also noticed that a large percentage (or so I see on YouTube) of people that own this car don't live in CA and live in inner states. Being in the most expensive area of the most expensive state to live in isn't exactly encouraging me to buy the car lol. I know it's a bit of an awkward post, but any comments or bits of advice are greatly appreciated :cheers:
There are lots of very good low mileage GT350s out there. I would definitely consider buying an under 10,000 mile car for many, many thousands less. Buy an extended warranty and have a blast.

OP
OP
aram_g

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are lots of very good low mileage GT350s out there. I would definitely consider buying an under 10,000 mile car for many, many thousands less. Buy an extended warranty and have a blast.
But I've been looking online in the area and they're not far enough below $61,000 to warrant getting them. I'm seeing used ones for like $55,000 give or take :frusty:

03CobraVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
It looks like you can easily afford it so I say go ahead and buy it if you want it that badly. The good thing about the GT350's are that they don't depreciate much so you probably won't lose much money if you sell it in a couple of years. As for new vs used, if you can save $7k+ it might be worth it, but since lots of people are asking almost new prices then I would probably just buy new. Dealers here in the Midwest typically ask MSRP or lower for the Non R's as there's not as much demand here as there is in California. I've never bought a car out of state but I would think the small hassle would be worth saving $10k+ buying the same car in CA.

OP
OP
aram_g

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It looks like you can easily afford it so I say go ahead and buy it if you want it that badly. The good thing about the GT350's are that they don't depreciate much so you probably won't lose much money if you sell it in a couple of years. As for new vs used, if you can save $7k+ it might be worth it, but since lots of people are asking almost new prices then I would probably just buy new. Dealers here in the Midwest typically ask MSRP or lower for the Non R's as there's not as much demand here as there is in California. I've never bought a car out of state but I would think the small hassle would be worth saving $10k+ buying the same car in CA.
Hmm...what's the best way to go about finding a used 350? I'm in the San Jose area in CA.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Are you planning on tracking? I would expect that for normal street driving a GT will be less special but no less engaging than a GT350, especially with a few mods from Steeda or similar companies. I echo the suggestion to look at a regular GT with PP/PP2, the end cost to you will be much lower. My experience also has been that your initial insurance estimate will be much, much lower than what you will pay a year or two after, mine has been going way up despite a totally clean driving record. I would be concerned with overall costs, you are 26 now but can have very different financial circumstances between now and when your car gets paid off.
Sponsored