Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I'm lazy and didn't dig too deep but I got rid of my 16 GT PP and picked up a 18 A10 PP this weekend. I had an X4 in my old car. It's still in there until they put the stock air system back on the car and can unflash it. Does the X4 work with the 18's or is there a new unit? I can't wait to get back on E85.
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I'm lazy and didn't dig too deep but I got rid of my 16 GT PP and picked up a 18 A10 PP this weekend. I had an X4 in my old car. It's still in there until they put the stock air system back on the car and can unflash it. Does the X4 work with the 18's or is there a new unit? I can't wait to get back on E85.
sct bdx or lund ngauge,

let me know if we can help

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
sct bdx or lund ngauge,

let me know if we can help
Will do. Need to break the car in a little bit :). I think I'm just going to stick with flex tune only as it's the simplest and biggest gain usually. What are these cars running with just a Flex tune, no intake?

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Will do. Need to break the car in a little bit :). I think I'm just going to stick with flex tune only as it's the simplest and biggest gain usually. What are these cars running with just a Flex tune, no intake?
Congrats!

I broke mine in at the drag strip. 700 miles on her so far and several nights of enjoyment at the local track.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Lund Jr told me 5-10 hp on a good day.

I'm leaving my stock intake on the car and just running the Flex tune. If/when I go to the track ill just pull out the paper filter.
So with the flex tune you are able to run 93, mixed (E30ish), or full E85?

Sponsored

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
So with the flex tune you are able to run 93, mixed (E30ish), or full E85?
Yes. The flex tune allows you to run any mixture of pump gasoline/e85 from pure gas to pure e85.

Every time the fuel gauge moves up ( you refuel) the computer samples the fuel mixture for about 10 minutes and then locks into that mixture. It then applies the appropriate fueling and timing tables for whatever mixture you have in the thank.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Yes. The flex tune allows you to run any mixture of pump gasoline/e85 from pure gas to pure e85.

Every time the fuel gauge moves up ( you refuel) the computer samples the fuel mixture for about 10 minutes and then locks into that mixture. It then applies the appropriate fueling and timing tables for whatever mixture you have in the thank.
but a straight e85 tune should yield more power than a flex fuel tune?

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
They can squeeze out a little more because a flex tune is a bit more lose, a dedicated e85 tune can be precise since it's always expecting the same eth content. But with a straight E85 tune you are going to want to test the fuel before filling up because just like any other tune, if it's expecting one thing and getting another, things can go bad.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Every tuner is different but Lund's E85r tune has a max allowable spark timing that is the same or VERY close to max on the Flex tune.

The difference in a pure e85 tune will be the spark advance in the mid range of the RPM band. That curve will be more aggressive making the car feel more peppy at light load and around town.

From what Jon Jr told me though, max spark timing is close, if not the same, and both tunes will perform similarly in a WOT (1/4 mi or dyno) situation.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Every tuner is different but Lund's E85r tune has a max allowable spark timing that is the same or VERY close to max on the Flex tune.

The difference in a pure e85 tune will be the spark advance in the mid range of the RPM band. That curve will be more aggressive making the car feel more peppy at light load and around town.

From what Jon Jr told me though, max spark timing is close, if not the same, and both tunes will perform similarly in a WOT (1/4 mi or dyno) situation.
This and the shifts are much more aggressive! I love my race tune!

Sponsored
OP
OP
bootlegger

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I am really looking forward to seeing the Steeda intake+tune package. Hopefully they will show it off next week.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited

Thank you for the replies so far.

OOC, who did you go with to get your tune, what tuning device, and would this DD friendly? I'm looking at a 2018/2019 GT Vert in the near future.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
We've got some awesome power packages specific to the 18 which we've done in house testing on with great results. So for those that don't want to wait for something else to be released these are great options.

Here's a link to the kits we offer. All tuned by Lund Racing!!
https://www.lethalperformance.com/ford-mustang-v8-gt/2018/power-packages
18jltngauge.jpg

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

D98gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maddox
Vehicle(s)
Figured I would throw my results in as well to help some consumers before dropping the coin. The car is a base model 2018 10r80 with approx 1500 miles on it.

This also shows variations in dyno results but here are my gains on the SAME dyno on the same day. It's a mustang dyno operated by Daniel at Triangle Speed Shop. We picked up very little with only the 93 octane tune, less than 10 HP actually before the knock sensors weren't allowing anymore. Anyone else have similar results?

Stock before tune (93 octane) the car made:
404 / 375

JLT intake and E85 the car made:
449 / 416

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Figured I would throw my results in as well to help some consumers before dropping the coin. The car is a base model 2018 10r80 with approx 1500 miles on it.

This also shows variations in dyno results but here are my gains on the SAME dyno on the same day. It's a mustang dyno operated by Daniel at Triangle Speed Shop. We picked up very little with only the 93 octane tune, less than 10 HP actually before the knock sensors weren't allowing anymore. Anyone else have similar results?

Stock before tune (93 octane) the car made:
404 / 375

JLT intake and E85 the car made:
449 / 416
That seems low on the before tune but pretty damn healthy after. My last dyno on my 18 GT pp1 A10 was basically stock at the time and put down 425 / 402 on 91 (93 not really avail in AZ).
Sponsored