ENGINE
TRANSMISSION
6 Speed Manual
PACKAGES
Premium, Performance Package, 401A
FACTORY OPTIONS
Adaptive Cruise, Nav package,
MODS - POWERTRAIN / DRIVETRAIN
stock except I swapped out the 185 lb clutch spring with a Steeda 35 lb spring.
MODS - SOFTWARE / TUNE / PROGRAMMER
stock
MODS - WHEELS / TIRES / BRAKES
stock PP
MODS - SUSPENSION / CHASSIS
stock PP just ordered the Steeda Stop the Hop package with the Steeda Vertical links
MODS - EXTERIOR
Hydraulic hood lifts, Steeda jacking rails, delete of resonator with X pipe
MODS - INTERIOR
stock
MODS - IN-CAR ELECTRONICS
stock
HISTORY / COMMENTS
Love this car. I have been a Mustang fan since my first car was a '66 Coupe. But those later year's Mustangs just didn't do it for me. The S550 got me to order a Ruby Red GT. Now I am going to sort things out with it and add a few personal touches.

Comments

I just ordered the Intro IRS basic package from Steeda for the rear end to "Stop the Hop" The Steeda guy told me I should get the Steeda Vertical Links. Can't wait to get these parts installed. He told me most of the S550 Mustangs they have worked on the rear end is out of square with the rest of the car. That you can align the wheels to compensate but those stock and PP Vertical links don't hold the rear end square. And that the Steeda Vertical links fix that. Said I would need an alignment after installation since it will likely change the position of the rear end.

Attachments

I am real close to swapping out the PP springs with Ford's Street Performance springs. Might do it when I install the Steeda Stop the Hop parts. How strange that the PP package is the Street Performance package but with different springs. I suppose Ford wanted to make the car appeal to more people but I ordered the PP package for a reason. Anyone want a deal on a set of PP springs? Really Ford should give PP owners the option of getting the car with those correct springs.

I have been into Muscle cars since the mid 60's. Know all about every Muscle built in those years. Driven some pretty awesome cars like a Shelby GT 500 with Dual Quads and a Boss 429. Impressive, even a bit scary. And here in 2017 I ordered a new Mustang with 435 HP, 400 ft lbs of torque. Dual overhead cam with 4 valves per cylinder. This car will out perform and out run every one of those Muscle cars from the 60's & 70's. It handles exceptionally well especially compared to those classic cars. And stops better than any of them. I have embarrassed a few older Muscle cars already, love doing that to Corvettes. When I asked for a conversation with someone at the Ford Dealership about my car, the service manager walked up to me and said "Are you the fellow that bought that red race car?" Yes, that is me.

Item information

Added by
dbegley
Views
Comments
Last update

More in Mustang GT

Share this item