MT-82
PACKAGES
PP2
MODS - POWERTRAIN / DRIVETRAIN
Blowfish Racing Shifter Bracket, Magnaflow Competition Cat Back, JLT Catch Can
MODS - WHEELS / TIRES / BRAKES
Sport Cup 2's, R888's, General Gmax RS's
MODS - EXTERIOR
Scott Drake Wicker Bill Spoiler, Rock Blockz, ZL1 Addons Front Tow Hook, Velossa Tech, Tinted Exterior Lights, Black Badges
MODS - INTERIOR
GT350 Recaro's, DMTS Carbon Fiber/Leather Steering Wheel, Ford Performance Carbon Fiber Shift Knob
7F5C2AC7-7D74-4900-A6EA-1A0565962690.jpeg

Comments

Evening, was browsing some photos on the site and came across your photo. The wheels on your car are amazing. Do. you mind sharing the brand and model?

Sure! They are 6GR Project Wheels: 7 spoke nearly identical copies of the GT350R Carbon Fiber wheel. They're spun-forged aluminum, 11"x19" front and 11.5"x19" rear, 21/23 lbs respectively. And they only cost $250 each (versus $ 4,200 each for the OEM CF wheels).

I knew when I ordered my GT350R that the CF wheels were a liability here in NY. Between winter dangers, potholes and the remote but possible chance of accidental curb rash, I would be too afraid to drive the car around town (not ideal to pay that much for a car and not drive it). So, first I seized upon the SVE350R wheels; but I couldn't get them in exactly the same size. Then I found the Vibe Motorsports wheel; I really lusted after those. But while $4,700-5,600 a set was not as steep as the CF wheels, they weren't cheap either. I still think they're a phenomenal quality product, but too expensive for me. I looked into CF wheel insurance, and found the insurance was either 1) the same price as the CF wheels or 2) covered the GT350, but not the GT350R. When I pressed it with them I found that the insurance company had the right to replace a broken wheel with like kind and quality - which means I'd never get a set of Carbon Revolution wheels out of them.

I had heard about the 6GR Project Wheels but had a hard time finding them. So I called a buddy who's a wheel jobber. He got them for me, but I had to wait 6 months for them (tariffs? COVID?). I shod them with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires (my go to street performance tire), 305/30ZR-19 front, 325/30ZR-19 rear. Due to the long steel tube in the center of the GT350R CF wheel, the front studs are incredibly long. See the pictures below showing the fluted black RTX lug nuts I had to use - what the wheel guy called "duplex spline 14x1.5 lugs". The front wheels required an open lug nut on the bottom with the black caps on top (more or less for show). I'll put some pictures in my "6 GR Project Wheels" album. You can see them here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/media/6-gr-project-wheels.18145/

I highly recommend these wheels!

Last edited:

Item information

Added by
nameuser
Views
Comments
Last update

More in Mustang GT

Share this item