Noisy pebbles

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
It is nowhere near as loud as rocks were in my skyline or supra. I don't think it's anything to worry about
Sponsored

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
I love everything about my new Mustang. However, out of all the cars I have ever driven, it makes the most noise when driving on a dirty road that I have ever heard. Any sand or dirt on the road sounds like marbles hitting the bodywork. I feel like I can clearly hear the impact of each individual grain. I'm not talking about driving on a dirt road or anything, just the leftover debris a few days after the roads dry out from a snowstorm, or light dirt on a little-used rural road.

It is quite distracting to hear when driving over! Am I alone in finding this unusual?
This was one of the first things I noticed, never heard anything like it and was a bit shocked at first. Thought it might be something to do with the wheel arch liners, but they are made of some sort of old blanket, so should have the opposite effect.

The other thing that was quite shocking at first was when passing a truck coming the other way, the gust of air can sometimes rattle the hood to the point it feels like its going to lift off. Again, a bit worrying at first, but just got used to it now. Anyone else noticed this as well?

Ajax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT PP
I get the rock in wheel wells noise as well. Sticky ish tires.

jwillis1204

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Mercifully, switching to Pilot Sport AS/3 all seasons substantially reduced the sensation of driving in a quarry for me. Wish I'd done it ~7500 miles ago, haha.

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
Yep, I swear I hear every pebble, grain of sand, even leaves. I'm on BFG g-Force Sport COMP-2 tires now and here it as much and maybe more. I also have my back seats out so I think I hear it even more. Hopefully it will quiet down a little once I get my delete kit installed back there.
Sponsored