Sponsored

Blinding Brake Lights?

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
My wife got something out of the trunk then I locked the car while she was still back there. I heard, "Ugh that is bright!" I've done it to myself too accidentally.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
All the kits I've seen installed are almost too dark for my taste. Anyone know if there is a kit that is just BARELY lighter than this? I basically want light tint with added protection for rock chips etc for the front.

nevermind, they actually offer a "light tint" option!
Looks like Big Worm also has a light tint option that's even lighter than that. I wish I could see it...

MagneticEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Lol I've told several ppl to look at my trunk panel at night time just so I could hit the unlock button and cause temporary blindness. It's one of my favorite features actually
i did this after i installed my tail light sequencers. blinded like 5 separate people in my happiness from my new toy.

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
All the kits I've seen installed are almost too dark for my taste. Anyone know if there is a kit that is just BARELY lighter than this? I basically want light tint with added protection for rock chips etc for the front.

nevermind, they actually offer a "light tint" option!
Looks like Big Worm also has a light tint option that's even lighter than that. I wish I could see it...

[MENTION=6592]BigWormGraphix[/MENTION] uses Lamin-x film for their tint kits. They offer three shades: 1) TINT is the lightest and looks a lot like the factory smoked lenses (ever seen the headlamps on the F150 FX2 or FX4?); 2) GUNSMOKE is a bit darker, and looks to be about the equivalent of the LMR kit linked above; 3) CHARCOAL is the darkest and makes the lenses look black, but still shows light perfectly fine.

I just had my BWG remove the gunsmoke film and replace it with charcoal yesterday. Photo posts linked below.
Before: tint headlights and gunsmoke everywhere else
After: gunsmoke headlights and charcoal everywhere else

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=6592]BigWormGraphix[/MENTION] uses Lamin-x film for their tint kits. They offer three shades: 1) TINT is the lightest and looks a lot like the factory smoked lenses (ever seen the headlamps on the F150 FX2 or FX4?); 2) GUNSMOKE is a bit darker, and looks to be about the equivalent of the LMR kit linked above; 3) CHARCOAL is the darkest and makes the lenses look black, but still shows light perfectly fine.

I just had my BWG remove the gunsmoke film and replace it with charcoal yesterday. Photo posts linked below.
Before: tint headlights and gunsmoke everywhere else
After: gunsmoke headlights and charcoal everywhere else
Looking good! My dilemma is that I think the red taillights look pretty great with Guard. I'd love the factory smoked look to just darken them a bit like the F-150 or Explorer Sport. I think the tint from Big Worm would fit the bill. Awfully pricey compared to the others though [emoji53].

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sponsored

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
Looking good! My dilemma is that I think the red taillights look pretty great with Guard. I'd love the factory smoked look to just darken them a bit like the F-150 or Explorer Sport. I think the tint from Big Worm would fit the bill. Awfully pricey compared to the others though [emoji53].
Based on what you've said, the tint shade is definitely what you're looking for. I'm not sure what film the other guys use. Lamin-x is a premium product, so it could be a case of "you get what you pay for".

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Based on what you've said, the tint shade is definitely what you're looking for. I'm not sure what film the other guys use. Lamin-x is a premium product, so it could be a case of "you get what you pay for".
It usually is!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
GT Pony

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
What would be cool is if the brake lights would not be as bright at night based on the light sensor on the dash (same sensor that the auto headlights run off of). I've been behind cars at night with super bright brake lights and it is annoying for sure.

StangLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
How can anyone who agrees the tail lights are blinding also think that's somehow safer? Aren't you then saying that drivers behind you, in a position to rear-end you, are also being blinded?

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
How can anyone who agrees the tail lights are blinding also think that's somehow safer? Aren't you then saying that drivers behind you, in a position to rear-end you, are also being blinded?
Being annoyed by how bright something is is better than not noticing because its too dim.

I love the brightness. I will be putting a third brake like pulsar as well as a 4th brake light on the back of my car.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GT Pony

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Maybe add on some green lasers that will shoot into the eyes of the guy behind you when the brake lights come on. :D

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I agree, when I look at mine they are blinding bright. I've never driven behind another S550 at night so I don't know what it would feel like on the road. Its way brighter than the previous generation. I'm not complaining though. As others have pointed out, it hasn't stopped S550s from getting hit....

I've noticed other very bright cars especially the ones that have the light ring around the rear. Just one of the side effects of going with LED lighting I guess.