Sponsored

Rearview Camera Lines Disappear

Ayatollah Humungous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
I have a base GT and had my rearview camera fail. I took it in to the dealer and they installed a new one. It works fine now, but the active lines that appear in the display to show you where the car is going have completely disappeared. Is there an option on the base model to let you turn them back on or is it a software issue the dealer needs to update?
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Read the manual.

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang Premium Automagic
I did. No matter what I do there is no option to alter the setting for the rear view camera anywhere in my cluster. Its weird.
There is an option to turn themail off and on. I stumbled across them while playing with the info center.

grumblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium
I have a base GT and had my rearview camera fail. I took it in to the dealer and they installed a new one. It works fine now, but the active lines that appear in the display to show you where the car is going have completely disappeared. Is there an option on the base model to let you turn them back on or is it a software issue the dealer needs to update?
The system wasn't programmed properly when the camera was replaced. This is a known issue and can only be fixed with the scan tool.

Sponsored

Datalux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost, Premium, Auto, PP
I've had issues with the camera not working right since the day one. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, just stays on the Audio or Home screen (whatever it was on before I put into reverse) Usually turning the car off and then back on fixes that. Have also had corrupted video, scrolling, blocky, and random lines as well as white prediction lines appearing and disappearing at random. <sigh> Guess I'll have to take it in and waste a day off.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
There is an option to turn themail off and on. I stumbled across them while playing with the info center.

I just lost my backup guidelines yesterday. Camera and backup sensors still work normally. Just the white and colored guidelines are gone.

I checked the manual (2016, p 122) and found that the lines will disappear if the trunk is open. My "Trunk Ajar" message started yesterday in spite of the trunk being closed. So that explains why my lines are missing.
Sponsored