Sponsored

Metal paddle shifters?

Voodoo

Elite Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
I think these would be perfect if they were a little bit longer both top and bottom! Also, these are going to be metal correct?
The first roll out will be in plastic, but future models might* come in medal. Keep in mind that this means they will be heavier and more expensive.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Are you saying that they should be 3.5 longer or 3.5 from the base?
Extend 3 1/2 inches above the spoke instead of 3/8 of an inch. Put your hands at 10 and 2 or 11 and 1 with 3 1/2 inches you could shift with pinky, ring and middle fingers.

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang Coupe
Id be good just pinky shifting. It would be in the way for every day driving if it gets too long

Pabs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
The first roll out will be in plastic, but future models might* come in medal. Keep in mind that this means they will be heavier and more expensive.
Plastic is fine as long as it doesn't feel cheap I am on board!

Sponsored

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
We don't want wings on there do we? Extending them by 3.5" seems... A bit much?!
I WANT MY STEERING WHEEL TO TAKE THE FUCK OFF!!

All jokes aside, the reasons why Ferrari's and other supercars have huge paddles is because they are fixed behind the steering wheel which means they don't move when you turn it. They need to be huge so that you can grab them even when your hands end up being in a 12' and 6'o clock position in mid-turn. Since our paddles turn with the wheel, we don't need that big of ones.

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
I WANT MY STEERING WHEEL TO TAKE THE FUCK OFF!!

All jokes aside, the reasons why Ferrari's and other supercars have huge paddles is because they are fixed behind the steering wheel which means they don't move when you turn it. They need to be huge so that you can grab them even when your hands end up being in a 12' and 6'o clock position in mid-turn. Since our paddles turn with the wheel, we don't need that big of ones.
And someday a relocation package will be nice to see!

boostedCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange ecoboost
I would think wider, towards the outside of the wheel, would be more beneficial than longer.

Sponsored

DWC_SmOziLLa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '05 Audi A4 3.0 V6 Quattro UltraSport 6 Spd.
They're perfect [MENTION=7033]Voodoo[/MENTION] . Make them and people will buy them, regardless of if they think they should be a little longer, wider, more outward, inward, etc...

This design, when finished, will be a million times better then stock. Someone's definition of the "perfect" paddle shifter, is just an opinion not fact. And everyone's is different.

Great job. good luck!

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
They're perfect [MENTION=7033]Voodoo[/MENTION] . Make them and people will buy them, regardless of if they think they should be a little longer, wider, more outward, inward, etc...

This design, when finished, will be a million times better then stock. Someone's definition of the "perfect" paddle shifter, is just an opinion not fact. And everyone's is different.

Great job. good luck!
I'm in...Maybe...They have to be able to not flex when shifting + be at a length where ya don't have to slide your hands around for a shift (10-2 or 11-1) also, there needs to be room to wrap your fingers around the wheel W/O interference from the paddle's-->:cheers:

Voodoo

Elite Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
It's 3.5 inches up top. It has also being made wider.
Sponsored

Last edited: