Sponsored

GT350 for Australia

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA
Damn - now this is something that would be a nice top of the range addition for us. Please don't disappoint us Ford.
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

Utedog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
I would have bought the GT350 in a heart beat instead of ordering a GT, I don't know what Ford's "Global" team even bother calling themselves "Global".

Maybe it's time we looked at driving on the other side of the road so we can get cars like this and all the european offerings more cheaply and easily.

Sponsored

rsea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beemer thats going asap
It's pretty annoying
I was considering an M2 until they announced they're going to use an ancient engine so I was pinning my hopes on this. Have you guys seen the standard 2015 gt track vids? Its all over the place on the track. IMO its pointless owning a perf car that cant handle.

Not sure where to go from here. The new Lexus looks horrible, the C63 is Neurosurgeon money as is the M4... not a great day to be a car fan. I found myself looking at the 500kw Tesla earlier! I wish Dodge would pull their finger out and bring the Challenger

OP
OP
BLITZM

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA
It's pretty annoying
I was considering an M2 until they announced they're going to use an ancient engine so I was pinning my hopes on this. Have you guys seen the standard 2015 gt track vids? Its all over the place on the track. IMO its pointless owning a perf car that cant handle.

Not sure where to go from here. The new Lexus looks horrible, the C63 is Neurosurgeon money as is the M4... not a great day to be a car fan. I found myself looking at the 500kw Tesla earlier! I wish Dodge would pull their finger out and bring the Challenger
Same here - I'm gonna be shattered if GT350 is confirmed as USA market only. Damn you Ford.......

rsea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beemer thats going asap
Blitzm I think I remember your nick from supraforums?

OP
OP
BLITZM

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA
Blitzm I think I remember your nick from supraforums?
Not me - never been a Supra guy.
I'm still spewing GT350 is not coming here - there must be something related to the new engine that makes it more difficult to convert to RHD, there must be.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Never say never. Whilst it appears it won't I'm under the belief that there was always going to be a delay before it went RHD, and Hameedi's recent interview sort of confirmed this.

Sponsored

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT,Everest,FocusRS,MustangMach1
Never say never. Whilst it appears it won't I'm under the belief that there was always going to be a delay before it went RHD, and Hameedi's recent interview sort of confirmed this.
If GT350 & GT350R are produced long term we might be lucky enough to see a RHD version in a later model year, suggestion was a 5 year model run for the GT350.

With #001 in the GT350R selling for $1m pricing will be interesting!

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
If Ford decides to build RHD GT350 I'm really hoping it will be sooner rather than later, 2017MY hopefully. GT350 is a 53k car in the USA, 70K when you convert to AUD. Hopefully if we ever see it sold here price will be a pleasant surprise.

Jostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If Ford decides to build RHD GT350 I'm really hoping it will be sooner rather than later, 2017MY hopefully. GT350 is a 53k car in the USA, 70K when you convert to AUD. Hopefully if we ever see it sold here price will be a pleasant surprise.
The GT auto vert is US$43K and AU$71k on the road. So approx 1.65 times +LCT.
So using the same calculation, the GT350 at US$53 will be just over AU$90K.

mustang51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry
Not me - never been a Supra guy.
I'm still spewing GT350 is not coming here - there must be something related to the new engine that makes it more difficult to convert to RHD, there must be.

BLITZ me too. The GT350 would be great. I am guessing its just a marketing thing and not a technical issue. I am sure they could make a RHD flat plane.

Perhaps its a limited production and so all go to the US market to meet their demand. Just guessing.

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
I just watched a few GT350 videos...............BIG mistake.

With all these delays for the regular GT I'm really thinking just keeping my powder dry for the eventual, hopefully hopefully, RHD GT350. 2017ish I'm thinking is possible, please Ford bring it down under.
Sponsored