LokiS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all, i have a 2017 gt N/A 5.0. I currently have fitted Roush axle backs, Mishimoto h pipe, k&n panel filter. I'd like to get a Lund racing ngauge with tune. I don't want '18 intake as i don't want to rev the nuts off it but prefer torque. Would a CAI help? Is this combo ok? Cheers for any advice.
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Hi all, i have a 2017 gt N/A 5.0. I currently have fitted Roush axle backs, Mishimoto h pipe, k&n panel filter. I'd like to get a Lund racing ngauge with tune. I don't want '18 intake as i don't want to rev the nuts off it but prefer torque. Would a CAI help? Is this combo ok? Cheers for any advice.
If you have it available in your area consider e85 / flex tuning solution. Will completely change the cars power, far more than any cai.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
A tune will help with low end torque, but not that much.

As mentioned an E85 tune will make a big difference, as would changing the rear gears to 3.73 or 4.09.

BrandonS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium A6
A CAI will do absolutely nothing for you besides make your wallet lighter, you engine bay "racecar" and give you some woosh sounds. If you want more grunt down low, a gear swap and E85 tune is what you will need.

OP
OP
LokiS550

LokiS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
A CAI will do absolutely nothing for you besides make your wallet lighter, you engine bay "racecar" and give you some woosh sounds. If you want more grunt down low, a gear swap and E85 tune is what you will need.
Thank you everyone, all info is much appreciated. As i have a kn panel filter i wasn't keen on forking out for a CAI. If i was into serious oomph i'd go supercharger but as it is i just would like a bit sharper throttle response and torque. E85 is not an option for me sadly. Cheers again.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
A Lund tune will always help, even on a stock car. There is plenty that is left on the table to be adjusted on a factory 5.0. However in regards to the intake, there are several intakes as well that will help pick up more power over the stock one, two that I highly recommend are the PMAS and the JLT intakes. Both have been proven to make great power with a tune. Hit me up if you have any questions or would like to see what I can do for you on a combo deal. Lethalperformance.com
Sponsored