Sponsored

Mustang 10r80 shuts off on red lights

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
The other thing it possibly could be is an air leak (cracked intake manifold) somewhere. Are you stock??
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jaay_d5.0

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
They will have to hook it up to Starscan and watch the phasers at idle on your car. Mine would be fine then all of sudden revert to 0 degrees and rough idle to stall. fyi
I bought the car used with A roush cold air intakE already installed i really hope this won’t void warranty.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Y’all should be fine. Just find a dealer that likes warranty work. ;).

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
My service advisor even knew my car had been E85 tuned. He just told me to bring it in on stock tune. lol.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I bought the car used with A roush cold air intakE already installed i really hope this won’t void warranty.
It had a roush power pac level 2 installed
Wow, I wonder if these are causing the issue as well?
Did the dealership install these, or was it the previous owner? I "assume" the dealership as Roush has a dedicated tool to be used with their tuning.

OP
OP
Jaay_d5.0

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
the dealership around me like to charge alot for little work
My service advisor even knew my car had been E85 tuned. He just told me to bring it in on stock tune. lol.
Wow, I wonder if these are causing the issue as well?
Did the dealership install these, or was it the previous owner? I "assume" the dealership as Roush has a dedicated tool to be used with their tuning.
i contacted roush and they said that the dealership calibrations was all installed through the dealership but if other people are experiencing same thing i doubt it’s on roush

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
i contacted roush and they said that the dealership calibrations was all installed through the dealership but if other people are experiencing same thing i doubt it’s on roush
Yeah, I kinda figured the dealership did the tune/mods.
Good luck and keep us posted. Hopefully it isn't anything major.

OP
OP
Jaay_d5.0

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
Yeah, I kinda figured the dealership did the tune/mods.
Good luck and keep us posted. Hopefully it isn't anything major.
As soon as they saw the Aftermarket Roush intake and catback exhaust they started charging me $170 just for a diagnostics They said there a good chance it won’t be covered by warranty they recommended me to see another dealership who sells roush vehicles So wish me luck guys.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
As soon as they saw the Aftermarket Roush intake and catback exhaust they started charging me $170 just for a diagnostics They said there a good chance it won’t be covered by warranty they recommended me to see another dealership who sells roush vehicles So wish me luck guys.
You're probably better off going to that Roush dealership. They are probably more inclined to find and fix the issue.
GOOD LUCK!!

Sponsored

SHxTGUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
Good luck and keep us updated on the diagnosis as soon as you can! I have an appointment set up with a dealership about 30m away from me on Wednesday.

OP
OP
Jaay_d5.0

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
Have
Update...?
i have not took it to the dealership it been running fine ever since i notice one rough idle since i post this thread but other than that no stalling I will be scheduling soon to get it checked up though just haven’t had time will comment when it happens again.

OP
OP
Jaay_d5.0

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
Good luck and keep us updated on the diagnosis as soon as you can! I have an appointment set up with a dealership about 30m away from me on Wednesday.
Did they finally solve your issue man?

SHxTGUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
Did they finally solve your issue man?
You know what's crazy? My car has also been running fine actually for the last week now and I didn't take it to the new dealership because of that. I know it stalled out and had the rough idle on the first day after that 3rd repair, but I decided to put more miles on it and it hasn't had an issue yet since then. So I told the new dealership to hold off on the appointment until the end of July and I'll see if the issue pops up before then. Glad to hear your car is acting better too.
Sponsored