Mustang 10r80 shuts off on red lights

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
I have a 2019 gt pp1 only 21 k miles sometimes shut off randomly when gear is on “D” when I’m stopped at red light? No check engine issue light. Just the battery symbol pops up underneath the gauge and message says “full acessory power active “ or sometimes shift gears to turn on usually i have to keep reving the rpms or drive little by little to keep the engine from turning off at an intersection.
Sponsored

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
That’s terrible... since it’s under warranty I’d have the dealer look at it... could just be a battery replacement.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I'd get a video of it doing it in case they say they can't replicate it when you bring it in.

SHxTGUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
I saw you posted in my thread about having the same issue. This does sound like my exact issue as well except mine usually happens after the idle turns very rough. The RPMS fluctuate by itself while at a red light and will slightly rev itself up and down and vibrate the car a ton. And then eventually, sometimes the engine just shuts off exactly how you mention it.

Do you get the RPM fluctuations/rough idle too? Or is your engine just stalling out of nowhere at the lights?

OP
OP
Jaay_d5.0

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
This only happens to me randomly it just happened to me two days ago after working perfectly fine for 2-3 months i thought it was just a dirty engine bay causing it but 2-3 months later it came back. I took the car for a ride and it was a rough idling i have a video of the exhaust noise it makes before it turns off i have seen the rpms fluctate a couple times i will provide the link. We are both having the same problem our cars might be lemons. I did a thread about this a while back

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jaay_d5.0

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
I saw you posted in my thread about having the same issue. This does sound like my exact issue as well except mine usually happens after the idle turns very rough. The RPMS fluctuate by itself while at a red light and will slightly rev itself up and down and vibrate the car a ton. And then eventually, sometimes the engine just shuts off exactly how you mention it.

Do you get the RPM fluctuations/rough idle too? Or is your engine just stalling out of nowhere at the lights?

SHxTGUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
Yeah, it sounds like the RPMs going up and down at idle. You even have the same Roush exhaust as me so it's definetely easier to hear when the engine is doing that. I'll keep you updated on if the dealer is able to find my issue. They're looking into the VCT right now, so we'll see if that's it.

OP
OP
Jaay_d5.0

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
P
Yeah, it sounds like the RPMs going up and down at idle. You even have the same Roush exhaust as me so it's definetely easier to hear when the engine is doing that. I'll keep you updated on if the dealer is able to find my issue. They're looking into the VCT right now, so we'll see if that's it.
please keep me update bro or let me follow you on instagram so we can stay updated taking my car to the dealer tomorrow hoping it’s nothing serious another mustang youtuber with a 18 gt had the same issue with there and had to lemon law there

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
P
please keep me update bro or let me follow you on instagram so we can stay updated taking my car to the dealer tomorrow hoping it’s nothing serious another mustang youtuber with a 18 gt had the same issue with there and had to lemon law there
Sorry just saw this thread, but I had same issue on my 18 that started around 4500 miles. Ford diagnosed it as bad intake cam phasers. It was close to 2k warranty in parts/labor and my rental for 1.5 weeks. Fyi. Feel free to pm me.

SHxTGUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
Sorry just saw this thread, but I had same issue on my 18 that started around 4500 miles. Ford diagnosed it as bad intake cam phasers. It was close to 2k warranty in parts/labor and my rental for 1.5 weeks. Fyi. Feel free to pm me.
You paid $2,000 for the repair? If it has 4,500 miles why wasn't it covered under warranty? Or did you have more on it by the time of the repair?

Sponsored

SHxTGUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
P
Ya I just got the car back from the dealership and they didn't do anything except change the oil because they said they weren't able to see the VCT issue they were following after they did that. But I had the car out today and RPMs were rough at idle again and the car stalled out. So I am really frustrated. You may be right about the lemon law, I'll look into it but since my car was bought used, I don't know how it works. I may also try one more time to diagnose/repair at a different dealership. I am just tired of this issue at this point.

SHxTGUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Ya I just got the car back from the dealership and they didn't do anything except change the oil because they said they weren't able to see the VCT issue they were following after they did that. But I had the car out today and RPMs were rough at idle again and the car stalled out. So I am really frustrated. You may be right about the lemon law, I'll look into it but since my car was bought used, I don't know how it works. I may also try one more time to diagnose/repair at a different dealership. I am just tired of this issue at this point.
It’s the cam phasers I guarantee it. Mine did exact thing you two are describing. Go to another ford dealer...

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Ah okay. I'll make a note of them checking the intake cam phasers on my next visit to a different dealership.
They will have to hook it up to Starscan and watch the phasers at idle on your car. Mine would be fine then all of sudden revert to 0 degrees and rough idle to stall. fyi
Sponsored