Sponsored

Replace trans fluid?

tommyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP manual
Hi folks. I have a 20 EcoBoost manual and I would like to increase the driving pleasure, so I ordered a steeda clutch spring. Do you advise changing the trans fluid with another brand? Thanks for your help.
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase

staytru

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tyler
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I chose the bg synchroshift fluid. before it was very notchy, hot/cold differences, and shifting was like a stick thru marshmellows. and 4th to 5th gear was absolutely bonkers it would never wanna go in smoothly even just under regular load. came with a pump and everything. u have many options. cheers

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
I chose the bg synchroshift fluid. before it was very notchy, hot/cold differences, and shifting was like a stick thru marshmellows. and 4th to 5th gear was absolutely bonkers it would never wanna go in smoothly even just under regular load. came with a pump and everything. u have many options. cheers
did it make much difference?

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I called Redline after checking their website for 2019 Mustang fluids, and their DCTF wasn't there. In fact, there wasn't anything for the tranny. And the guy said they don't recommend their DCTF for my MT-82 D4. I asked him why, and he just said it doesn't comply with Ford's specs. I was going to buy it because supposedly it was the only one that did. Oh well. Just wanted to throw that here. Now I don't know what to do. Want to dump it at 1K miles to remove all the assembly and break-in crap, but not sure if I should switch to something else to improve the slight notchiness and 2-3 'nibble', or just stick to the OEM stuff. Thx.

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
It’s difficult. I’m in the same position. Garage looking at nibble from 1st to 2nd but their view is that it’s normal for the mustang box. Next step is to try the Synchro Shift but worried that my warranty will be void if I do. Say the box destroys itself in the next few years and Ford see that I’m not using Ford approved stuff, they could refuse a repair I suppose. Not sure I can wait unlit warranty ends to deal with the nibble.

FatPat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Buy a short shifter and/or new clutch. I can't imagine a fluid change on a brand new car making that much of a difference.

If you really want to increase the driving pleasure, trade it in for a GT :)

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
I used the same in my '16 GT...was noticeably smoother and less "notchy"
Sponsored